Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Waverly High School is an above average, public school located in Waverly, NY. It has 447 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Waverly High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C+30 Students
- grade A minus27 Students
- grade A+17 Students
- grade B minus16 Students
- grade A minus15 Students
- grade B minus15 Students
- grade A14 Students
- grade A minus12 Students
- grade C+11 Students
- grade B+9 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responses
- Sport games22%
- Occasional Dances17%
- Pep rallies11%
- Movie Nights6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$19,544 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 7 responses
Schools like Waverly High School
- grade B+Owego Free Academy
- Owego-Apalachin Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.68 out of 5 57 reviews
- grade BSpencer-Van Etten High School
- Spencer-Van Etten Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.6 out of 5 83 reviews
- grade B minusThomas A. Edison High School
- Elmira Heights Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.76 out of 5 49 reviews
- grade B minusAthens Area High School
- Athens Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 81 reviews
Waverly High School Reviews
Rating 3.9 out of 5 29 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
There are quite a few different after school clubs and sports that you can do! It doesn't take much to join a club,but for the sports that you have to try out for, well that's a whole different story. If it's the track team the only thing to worry about, is which events you're going to be put in, but for other sports the popular students are always picked first. always.
Overall, the quality of teachers is great. Such a great environment because of the friendly and knowledgeable teachers. Definitely the best teachers I've experienced in any of the school districts that I've attended. Every teacher knows their responsibilities, and have a good time interacting with the students. I believe all the teachers enjoy the student body in our school, except the few bad kids. But definitely not the worst staff. Not perfect, but the staff and communication skills they offer are by far wonderful. Teachers in this school know how to do things, and how to deliver their teachings into the student's. Whether it be a story, by giving examples, or by doing something hands-on to teach the lesson. Teachers here know how to run things. Couldn't ask for a better faculty staff.
At Waverly the teachers try their bests to teach us by the means of what they are given and have to work with. It's a dual effort on getting through the year together, and you have to put in effort to receive a pretty decent grade. Teachers are knowledgable about the subjects they teach, although some can't communicate what they know as well as others seem to be able to. They try their best to really take the time for one on one learning with all their students, even though some need help more than others. Grading can be somewhat of an issue depending on what kind of work they want to see.