Waverly High School is an above average, public school located in Waverly, NE. It has 587 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A181 Students
- B+84 Students
- A-69 Students
- B62 Students
- B41 Students
- B+28 Students
- B-24 Students
- B+23 Students
- C+22 Students
- A21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Waverly High School
- BPalmyra Junior/Senior High School
- Palmyra School District, NE
- 42 reviews
- B+Elmwood-Murdock Junior/Senior High School
- Elmwood-Murdock Public Schools, NE
- 14 reviews
- B+Malcolm Junior/Senior High School
- Malcolm Public Schools, NE
- 27 reviews
- B+Raymond Central Junior/Senior High School
- Raymond Central Public Schools, NE
- 30 reviews
Waverly High School Reviews
I love Waverly. It is a small enough school that you know who everyone is but large enough that there is variety. We have an incredible band, fun sports teams, and an amazing theatre program. This is a great school where kids can feel accepted. The teachers are wonderful and care about the students' futures. I have some personal relationships with teachers that push me out of my comfort zone and help me strive to be my best. This school preapres you not only for college, but also beyond. They encourage you to learn your stengths and talents and use them to persue your goals. I've been going to Waverly since 7th grade and I can't imagine going anywhere else. Go Vikes!
Waverly High School pushes everyone to be like a family. All students are very close and this is why I believe Waverly High School is great. They teach students great life lessons and prepare everyone for the future. With a variety of classes anyone can find a class that interest them. As a student, Waverly High School has made me welcomed to many clubs and activities. I have created many new friendships and have gotten to know many great teachers who have leaded me to success many times in classes. Overall, when I graduate I will never forget all that the staff and fellow students of Waverly High School have done for me.
One thing I enjoy about Waverly are the teachers. I can tell that they like their jobs and want to come to work everyday. Waverly is known for a really high retention rate of its teachers. This gives them a chance to get to know the students and form relationships with them. The smaller school size, of just over 600 students, helps with those relationships. These relationships have made it easier to ask for help and to get to know them on a more personal level. Something I would change about Waverly High School is the diversity. Most students that go to Waverly are middle class, white people. Unfortunately, this is not something that can be changed. We do not have control over the people in our school district.