Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Waverly High School is an above average, public school located in Waverly, NE. It has 632 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Waverly High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-238 Students
- B123 Students
- B+92 Students
- B90 Students
- B55 Students
- B+41 Students
- C+41 Students
- C+32 Students
- B+31 Students
- B31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 44 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Waverly High School
- BPalmyra Junior/Senior High School
- Palmyra School District, NE
- 45 reviews
- B+Elmwood-Murdock Junior/Senior High School
- Elmwood-Murdock Public Schools, NE
- 20 reviews
- B+Malcolm Junior/Senior High School
- Malcolm Public Schools, NE
- 29 reviews
- BRaymond Central Junior/Senior High School
- Raymond Central Public Schools, NE
- 35 reviews
Waverly High School Reviews
Waverly High School is an interesting learning environment. The teachers are generally friendly and helpful, however several are politically biased. Political views should have no sway over how someone is graded. Waverly has an incredible music department. Both the vocal and instrumental programs excel at all their competitions and are often invited to special events at the capitol and statewide events. Yet, Waverly’s administration continually underfund both programs. I would love to see more funding going to clubs, sports, and programs who continually excel instead of football. Our counselors are more like administrators, instead of helping students emotionally they instead make everyday life hard for many of our struggling students. They oust transgender students to the sudents homophobic parents, pull students out of their class to investigate outrageous rumors, and are perpetually busy.
I love Waverly. It is a small enough school that you know who everyone is but large enough that there is variety. We have an incredible band, fun sports teams, and an amazing theatre program. This is a great school where kids can feel accepted. The teachers are wonderful and care about the students' futures. I have some personal relationships with teachers that push me out of my comfort zone and help me strive to be my best. This school preapres you not only for college, but also beyond. They encourage you to learn your stengths and talents and use them to persue your goals. I've been going to Waverly since 7th grade and I can't imagine going anywhere else. Go Vikes!
I have been commuting to Waverly since 6th grade. This small town, just outside of Lincoln, offers more than you could imagine. Athletics are a huge part of this supportive community. All parents are welcome to enter their children into athletics at any age. Being exposed to classmates through a sport allows friendships that last a lifetime. The atmosphere surrounding any high school activity, from clubs to sports, continues to leave me speechless. Schooling at Waverly has prepared me for my future college and career. I can confidently say that I have been exposed to all of the classes necessary for my success. We do everything as one and I am beyond grateful to have the opportunity of growing and learning in such a loving community.