Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Wauseon High School is an above average, public school located in Wauseon, OH. It has 534 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Wauseon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B115 Students
- grade B100 Students
- grade A+72 Students
- grade A minus53 Students
- grade A minus50 Students
- grade B42 Students
- grade C+39 Students
- grade A minus34 Students
- grade B minus27 Students
- grade B minus25 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responses
- Homecoming, Spring Dance, Prom50%
- holiday assemblies25%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,914 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 9 responses
Schools like Wauseon High School
- grade BSwanton High School
- Swanton Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.49 out of 5 83 reviews
- grade BNapoleon Junior/Senior High School
- Napoleon Area City School District, OH
- Rating 3.3 out of 5 128 reviews
- grade B minusPike-Delta-York High School
- Pike-Delta-York Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.57 out of 5 42 reviews
- grade BEvergreen High School
- Evergreen Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 44 reviews
Wauseon High School Reviews
Rating 3.68 out of 5 80 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Wauseon isn’t just a school, it’s a family. The school offers an abundant amount of clubs and extracurriculars to make everyone feel apart of something. There are always special activities and events planned to keep students motivated and involved. My favorite part of the school year is the pep-rallies. The whole school comes together, regardless of each student’s background, interests, and friend group. Overall, Wauseon is a great school for all students!
Wauseon High School is a place where students can be themselves. The school is full of some of the most loving and caring teachers and staff and they do everything they can to see the students be successful. Wauseon High School also has a place for everyone whether you're involved in sports, clubs, theater, etc. The only thing that I wish was different is covid and all the things that I've missed out on with it being my senior year, but I know it was for the safety of everyone.
Overall, I loved going to Wauseon. There is great school spirit and a wonderful community that supports you often times no matter who you are. The school atmosphere was great, and I loved the teachers. The only downfall I felt like was sometimes the lack of support from the Athletic Boosters for girl’s sports. The boy’s sports often got most of the money for their sports, whereas the girls often did not. Besides that, great school.