Waunakee High School is a top rated, public school located in Waunakee, WI. It has 1,248 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 74% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Waunakee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+231 Students
- A+115 Students
- B77 Students
- A-65 Students
- B+58 Students
- B+52 Students
- C+46 Students
- A-38 Students
- B37 Students
- A+33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Waunakee High School
- AMonona Grove High School
- Monona Grove School District, WI
- 127 reviews
- A-McFarland High School
- McFarland School District, WI
- 73 reviews
- A+Middleton High School
- Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District, WI
- 310 reviews
- A-Lodi High School
- Lodi School District, WI
- 53 reviews
Waunakee High School Reviews
Waunakee is full of caring teachers, and students, but there are some exceptions. Living in a wealthy community like waunakee there are some privileged kids who acted spoiled. Waunakee is also a huge sports community, which is great except for the lack of support for other no-athletic co-curricular. Last I would like to see counselors being more one on one with students, throughout the college process the counseling staff helped, but I wish We would have more one on one meeting in previous years about my future. Other than that Waunakee high school is a great learning environment, with an exceptional teaching staff. Waunakee is a high preforming school, and will continue to be so because of the hard work ethic the staff and most students possess.
I went to Waunakee for all four years of high school and enjoyed it very much. I felt involved in the school socially and it is one of the top academic high schools in the state. As far as athletics go, we have nearly quadrupled all other schools in conference championships over the past decade and won state championships in football and baseball in 2017-2018. I was an athlete and felt respected by the other players and coaches and overall enjoyed my athletic experience very much. In the classroom, teachers were always very thorough in explaining how to do problems and what the instructions were on a project. If a person needed help with anything, the teachers were always more than happy to help. Overall, my high school experience at Waunakee was terrific.
Waunakee High School has always had students with a variety of interests who demonstrate excellence in their fields. We have music prodigies, D1 athletes, award winning performers, and Ivy League attending alumni. There are tons of clubs to join in just about every area. The lunch food has a huge variety and high quality options. Waunakee teachers are some of the best in the state, but I have had a few that just made my life more complicated at times. We have a ton of school spirit and great opportunities. We also have tons of AP classes and dual credit courses to choose from if desired. Students can even take college courses at nearby UW-Madison.