Waunakee High School is a highly rated, public school located in Waunakee, WI. It has 1,161 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Waunakee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+150 Students
- A+60 Students
- B+43 Students
- A-40 Students
- B+39 Students
- C+34 Students
- B33 Students
- A+27 Students
- A25 Students
- B+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.33 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Waunakee High School
- AMonona Grove High School
- Monona Grove School District, WI
- 112 reviews
- AMcFarland High School
- McFarland School District, WI
- 70 reviews
- A+Middleton High School
- Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District, WI
- 288 reviews
- A-Lodi High School
- Lodi School District, WI
- 48 reviews
Waunakee High School Reviews
I went here my freshman year but then moved. I did not like my school then but I did not realize how good I had it. The classes are the best. They are always encouraging students to think independently and beyond the classroom. Classes were so fun compared to my other school. The best learning environment I have ever been in. Learning was easy and most students did very well. They give us 2-3 electives and one study hall each semester. This gave us the opportunity explore what we were interested in and have fun. There were not that many extracurricular activities, but they were fun and had good involvement. They have great technology and a beautiful school. They gave many freedoms to their students. The worst part about the school was that most students were spoiled rich brats. The social environment was awful. Everyone was super judgey and cliquey. You were only liked if they were rich and good looking. Too much pressure to be cool and people would pretend to be rich to be liked.
I have nothing but good things to say about my experience at Waunakee High School. For the most part the teachers are amazing and care a lot about their students success. It's probably the reason our school has such high academic success. The one downside is Waunakee is a predominately white school district and the student body is fairly homogeneous which isn't the best if you value diversity. But everyone at the school respects one another no matter their background.
The classroom settings is great. The teachers are understanding and want you to succeed. Overall the school settings feels safe and somewhere you can overall enjoy. People are respectful to others and the material in school. The facilities given to us are super nice and helpful we are very privileged for what we receive. There are lots of opportunities for the students to be apart of outside of school such as sports groups, music groups, clubs and others.