Waunakee High School is a top rated, public school located in Waunakee, WI. It has 1,248 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 66% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Waunakee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+195 Students
- A+89 Students
- B+58 Students
- B+50 Students
- A-46 Students
- B+42 Students
- C+37 Students
- A+30 Students
- B29 Students
- B+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Waunakee High School
- AMonona Grove High School
- Monona Grove School District, WI
- 118 reviews
- A-McFarland High School
- McFarland School District, WI
- 72 reviews
- A+Middleton High School
- Middleton-Cross Plains Area School District, WI
- 301 reviews
- A-Lodi High School
- Lodi School District, WI
- 49 reviews
Waunakee High School Reviews
Waunakee High School is a very good high school. There are a lot of opportunities to get involved in many different areas of interests. Many students succeed here and there are a lot of resources to help all the students do their best and get ready for life past high school. Waunakee High School puts a large focus on GPA and grades. There is a lot of pressure to have the best AP exam scores and ACT scores in the state/country. It is good that they believe in us and want us to be the best, but it is hard when you don't score as well and you feel that you let the staff down. Overall, my experience and Waunakee High School is very good. I have friends and staff I feel comfortable around, they help me and classmates succeed, and they help us get involved.
I like to think my school is pretty great. For one, it puts a huge focus on academics, and is know for being one of the best schools in the state of Wisconsin. The teachers are awesome. Every teacher is so unique in their personality and how they go about teaching. Mr. Fritz comes to mind when I think of how awesome the teachers are here: he appears to be an eccentric character, and he is always a joy to have in class. He greets every student as he or she walks in before class, always asking how they're doing. It is my understanding that every student in one of his AP Calculus classes ends up passing the AP exam, and there is no way that is some crazy coincidence because Mr. Fritz' enthusiasm for math is contagious.
I went here my freshman year but then moved. I did not like my school then but I did not realize how good I had it. The classes are the best. They are always encouraging students to think independently and beyond the classroom. Classes were so fun compared to my other school. The best learning environment I have ever been in. Learning was easy and most students did very well. They give us 2-3 electives and one study hall each semester. This gave us the opportunity explore what we were interested in and have fun. There were not that many extracurricular activities, but they were fun and had good involvement. They have great technology and a beautiful school. They gave many freedoms to their students. The worst part about the school was that most students were spoiled rich brats. The social environment was awful. Everyone was super judgey and cliquey. You were only liked if they were rich and good looking. Too much pressure to be cool and people would pretend to be rich to be liked.