Waukon High School is a public school located in Waukon, IA. It has 351 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+60 Students
- A59 Students
- A51 Students
- B-42 Students
- B-21 Students
- A-19 Students
- B-19 Students
- B15 Students
- B-14 Students
- A-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Waukon High School
- B-MFL Marmac High School
- MFL Marmac Community School District, IA
- 43 reviews
- A-Kee High School
- Eastern Allamakee Community School District, IA
- 6 reviews
- ADecorah High School
- Decorah Community School District, IA
- 121 reviews
- B-John R. Mott High School
- Postville Community School District, IA
- 10 reviews
Waukon High School Reviews
The teachers and staff all truly care about their students and helping them succeed. My time in high school has been difficult as my dad has been battling brain cancer; however, I know that every day I go to school, there is someone I can talk to if I need to. Waukon High School partners with Northeast Iowa Community college to offer concurrent enrollment classes. This has enabled me to graduate with my Associates of Arts degree at the same time that I graduate from high school. Waukon High School offers multiple opportunities to get involved outside of the classroom, whether it be in clubs, organizations, or athletics. One thing that is difficult for me personally is the no backpack in the high school rule. I spend my days traveling between the Waukon NICC Center and the high school. It is difficult for me to carry all of the books that I have to carry between buildings without a backpack.
Waukon High School is a good school in general. Some teachers are absolutely amazing and really care for the students education. My favorite teacher is Mrs.Jensen, she truly cares for each student and tries her best to teach them in ways that are comfortable for everyone. I would say that the only thing that needs to be changed in the school is expanding the classes so that they help students more with preparing for college and life outside of their home.
Great school, opportunity to take college classes while going to high school. That is a bonus. Variety of classes offered. Clubs and sports avaliable to all students from freshman to seniors. Teachers are helpful and well educated in all areas of education. It gave me a great start for my future.