Waukesha Academy of Health Professions Reviews

The academy allowed me to explore many healthcare career options and taught me about what entering the health field would be like. I really enjoyed my time as a part of the academy and the teachers were always willing to help me whenever I struggle with concepts. One thing that I would change is that there should be more room for electives like art or languages.
Joining the Waukesha Academy of Health Professions, I knew I wanted to pursue a career in the field of health so I figured this would be a great opportunity to learn more. This experience has been really great because I have learned about different careers in the field of health and have learned more about the path I want to go into. Also, my teachers and my peers have pushed me towards loving this academy!
I joined the Waukesha Academy of Health Professions in the fall of 2015, my freshman year. It has been a great experience because it has shown me different classes and courses about the health field. between anatomy courses and career courses. It has given me the insight I needed to choose my major of wanting to be a nurse. The PLTW course of PBS, HBS, and M.I, that I have taken were also very helpful. It was different learning technique than what I was used to and helped me open my eyes to different ways of learning and what works for me.
Start Your Review of Waukesha Academy of Health Professions
The Waukesha Academy of Health Professions is home to dedicated teachers that go above and beyond to prepare their students for a career in the medical field.
I really like the teachers and the experiences offered. We learn a lot of things that will be really helpful in our future careers.
I loved being able to be apart of this amazing program . It gave me the push I needed to know what I want to do with my life.
I love the academy! The way we learn is using a PLTW curriculum. Some classes are more self paced than others but if you're interested in anything health like nursing or nutrition, this is definitely the place to go!
While the curriculum is more intense than the greater public school, it is not up to par with some other more intense stem schools. They keep adding on more classes as requirements which eat away at the limited amount of elective classes available for students.
It is a great school with outstanding teachers, I would recommend it to anyone interested in the Health field.
There is a wide verity of activities to choose from!
It is a great school that have given me great opportunities.
Most are amazing, and will to help. They do the best they can with the resources available.
Many of the safety precautions you can imagine are used at our school. From buzz in systems at all the doors where they question your access, ID access and on site police we can feel safe pretty much everyday. Both the teachers and the other staff/faculty set out to make sure their students feel safe from day to day and they've been doing a good job at that. The nurses and other people looking out for our health are very important and there isn't a day you can't seek out help.
Although I haven't been able to participate in many of the extracurricular opportunities the school has to offer, I know that there are many things to choose from. From key club, prom committee, student council, animal lovers or anime club there's literally something for everyone. The teachers donate their time to watch over these kids choosing to stick around after school and everyone is very grateful for the.
I love this school because it provides a great education for any child willing to learn. The teachers are willing to help you learn and the kids are pretty much accepting for the most apart. My favorite experiences have included the dances, pep rallies etc. This school is unique due to the fact that there are individuals of all sorts and you never know what you're gonna get when you walk in.
The teachers at Waukesha are some of the best that I've ever known. They create lessons that are engaging for students and allow us to take it with us during our lives outside of school. They offer help to those who may be struggling and make themselves available after hours. They teach us well and show us that school won't always be easy, but it will be worth it.
I love the Waukesha Academy of Health Professions. I get to take multiple classes that are unique and medically based, versus traditional elective classes. I like that we follow the PLTW curriculum, which is more problem based, and allows us to interact with professionals within the community.
Start Your Review of Waukesha Academy of Health Professions
This school has taught me a lot in the last four years, I feel more prepared for pursuing a career in the health care field going further into my eduction. I have built up many hours of volunteering and experiences that I feel will greatly benefit me in the future. Being able to learn about human anatomy and health care terminology has been very interesting and informative. Being a charter school connected to a major high school allows us to take cool interesting classes, while still being involved in typical high school activities such as band, sports, and other clubs.
I believe that Waukesha South facilitates a large multicultural and diverse population. Students are treated equally regardless of their race, religion, cultures or personalities. By providing additional learning centers for students, they ensure that all students have access to a quality education and additional help if needed. there are also a plethora of extracurricular clubs and activities. By having such a wide range of activities, it is ensured that every student has the ability to join an organization which interests them and facilitates their interests. I believe that this school is exceptional in tailoring to the individual students needs and provided for a safe and pleasant learning environment.
The teachers at Waukesha South High School are some of the best. Each have their own qualities, but for the most part they have kind hearts, willing to listen and help and usually upbeat and energetic. Each teacher has a unique teaching style, with how they present the information, the projects they make us do and the way they grade, but seem confindent and happy with what they do and how they do it. All of my teacher I have had so far in my high school career, the teachers have showed much intrest in their students, eager to learn about them and their life and were easy to talk to about anything.