Waubun Secondary School is a public school located in Waubun, MN. It has 211 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Waubun Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B28 Students
- B+27 Students
- B-24 Students
- B+19 Students
- B17 Students
- B+13 Students
- B+10 Students
- A+9 Students
- A-8 Students
- B+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Waubun Secondary School Reviews
I love this school! It's great and very involved with sports and take grades very seriously. It's very helpful for seniors with getting ready for college. Lets students take online courses.
My favorite thing about this school is the athletics program and how great the coaches are. Because of the coaching staff and the support they provide, I have grown tremendously as an athlete and as a person overall. The academics are also spectacular. The teachers always go that extra step in order to help us students understand what it is we need to know. They are always available to talk or help pretty much any time of the day. I have been told I can come in before school, during their prep time, during homeroom, or even after school. All of the staff here and amazing at their jobs and it is obvious that their main priority is for us students to grow while we are here. I would choose this school again if I could because I know I would not find another one like it that provides everything that Waubun provides.
We are offered many courses at Waubun High School. The amount of online courses offered is extremely high compared to most schools around here, which is one of my favorite things. The scheduling process if very simple and our counselor does a great job. The workload is manageable, but the students must be dedicated.