Watson Chapel High School is a public school located in Pine Bluff, AR. It has 646 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 13% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Watson Chapel High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+252 Students
- B218 Students
- A-195 Students
- B-190 Students
- B155 Students
- B-137 Students
- B-112 Students
- B-90 Students
- B+71 Students
- C66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Watson Chapel High School
- B-Rison High School
- Cleveland County School District, AR
- 71 reviews
- D+Pine Bluff High School
- Pine Bluff School District, AR
- 145 reviews
- B-Woodlawn High School
- Woodlawn School District, AR
- 53 reviews
- C-Dollarway High School
- Dollarway School District, AR
- 62 reviews
Watson Chapel High School Reviews
I was in the Watson Chapel District from the very beginning of my school career, starting with kindergarten. I always loved the atmosphere and the teachers I had. They always seemed to care about the students very very much. Most kids were sad that they had to go to school..But I loved it. Throughout high school I was in the Band. I wasn't very social but that made me become more active with the school and I did make some pretty good friends. The only thing that I would change would have to be how they handle bad behavior. Actually talk with the students and see whats going on, rather than immediately send them home on suspension. ALL IN ALL, Watson Chapel High school and the district itself is very good.
It was an overall good experience to attend Watson Chapel High School. I liked the different classes that were offered for students of different skill levels and of different interests. What I would like to see changed is to implement a class about life outside of the classroom, helping others, and becoming the best "YOU" that you can be.
What I liked about Watson Chapel where some of the teachers never gave up on you and the made sure you would pass. They where always there to help you understand when you couldn’t they didn’t get frustrated. Also the activities they had where always educating in some way they always made it fun and interesting. They made sure we where safe by always knowing what to do if something happens but what I think needs to change is some of he other teachers should stand up for themselves they are there to teach and the students are there to learn