Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Watson Chapel High School is a public school located in Pine Bluff, AR. It has 604 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 20% in reading.
Watson Chapel High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+296 Students
- B246 Students
- C+220 Students
- A-215 Students
- B173 Students
- B160 Students
- B-127 Students
- B-111 Students
- B+81 Students
- B-76 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Watson Chapel High School
- B-Rison High School
- Cleveland County School District, AR
- 74 reviews
- D+Pine Bluff High School
- Pine Bluff School District, AR
- 153 reviews
- B-Woodlawn High School
- Woodlawn School District, AR
- 55 reviews
- C-Dollarway High School
- Dollarway School District, AR
- 62 reviews
Watson Chapel High School Reviews
My experience at Watson Chapel High School has been a sort of rocky experience. Nothing has ever really gone terrible for me, but things aren't always fair/right either. You have a select few from the staff that will actually try and help you if you need it, then there are some that you can feel are just there for a check. The school is not diverse as it needs to be. There is hardly engagement from parents and students with any activities that the school may try to have. I feel like if there were people who genuinely cared about the students and not so much as how the school is made out to look.
Watson chapel is a very racially diverse school. I enjoy seeing all kinds of students from around the world at my school. They have several student groups for everyone to participate in, and feel like they have a family outside of their homes. I am apart of the JROTC program (4 years) and it has helped me in many areas of my life while providing positive role models for me to take examples from. I have attending other schools in the area and chapel, outranks those schools in academics , friendliness , and college readiness. I used to be a trouble maker in past school districts, but once coming to Chapel , the environment inspired me to turn my life around, and want to be better in life , and succeed. The only thing i would change about Watson Chapel would definitely be the food. It is not good at all.
I was in the Watson Chapel District from the very beginning of my school career, starting with kindergarten. I always loved the atmosphere and the teachers I had. They always seemed to care about the students very very much. Most kids were sad that they had to go to school..But I loved it. Throughout high school I was in the Band. I wasn't very social but that made me become more active with the school and I did make some pretty good friends. The only thing that I would change would have to be how they handle bad behavior. Actually talk with the students and see whats going on, rather than immediately send them home on suspension. ALL IN ALL, Watson Chapel High school and the district itself is very good.