Watkins Memorial High School is a public school located in Pataskala, OH. It has 1,152 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+192 Students
- A-135 Students
- A86 Students
- A-71 Students
- C+69 Students
- B58 Students
- B57 Students
- B+43 Students
- B-41 Students
- B+32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Watkins Memorial High School
- B-Fairfield Union High School
- Fairfield Union Local School District, OH
- 62 reviews
- B-Lancaster High School
- Lancaster City School District, OH
- 213 reviews
- C+Newark High School
- Newark City School District, OH
- 140 reviews
- BNorthridge High School
- Northridge Local School District (Johnstown), OH
- 57 reviews
Watkins Memorial High School Reviews
Watkins Memorial High School offers many class options. There are many electives, honors, AP, and college class options. This facilitates challenging yourself in class and preparing yourself for college. In addition, most of our sports teams have great coaches who really care about you as an athlete and know what they are doing. Unfortunately, many of our track coaches recently left and they are in the process of finding new ones. While school starts a little early for my liking at 7:20, it is nice that school gets out at 2:10 allowing me to be home from practice by 5. We have many clubs ranging from gaming to theatre. Most of the teachers are phenomenal and really help you understand the material. While some are only average, many of them are above average. We have a great track facility, workout room, wrestling room, tennis courts, and of course a gym. Our cross country course is great and has over a mile in the woods. Swimmers are bussed to Denison for swim practice.
One of the things I'd like to see change at WMHS is the relay of information. Under several circumstances, the administration has failed to inform the student population of important events that have occurred. They caused the student population to speculate about the events that occur which I find incredibly unprofessional and utterly ridiculous.
I appreciated all of the extra curricular options that were available to everyone. Most of the teachers were very pleasant people and the classes were good. It might be beneficial to get different administration in though. Due to certain circumstances that were not handled all too well, not many people have very much respect for the admin there.