Waterville Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Waterville, ME. It has 533 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Waterville Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+78 Students
- B41 Students
- B-39 Students
- B39 Students
- C+29 Students
- C+28 Students
- A+27 Students
- A+23 Students
- C+22 Students
- A+21 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Waterville Senior High School
- B-Winslow High School
- Winslow Public Schools, ME
- 79 reviews
- C+Cony School
- Augusta Public Schools, ME
- 92 reviews
- C+Lawrence High School
- Regional School Unit No. 49 (MSAD 49), ME
- 134 reviews
- B-Messalonskee High School
- Regional School Unit No. 18 (MSAD 18), ME
- 124 reviews
Waterville Senior High School Reviews
The teachers care about you as a student, and they push you to be the best if you choose not to do your work than that’s your fault. They are very understanding (most of the time). I played Fieldhockey and softball and was part of the grit group (growing resilience in teens) and it’s a growing program about mental health awareness. I hope to be able to continue having teachers that care through out college. I know college has a lot larger class sizes but knowing that if you fall behind and can still get caught up, or doing extra work to make up that failed test.
Waterville Senior High School really is the best high school in the state. The teachers are great and there are many ways to get extra help if needed. The school offers a nice amount of courses, although I would like to see more science courses available because I love science. Other than that I have never had a problem with the school or anyone in it. The faculty and staff do a great job at making sure all of the students are treated fairly and we are a no bullying zone.
I absolutely loved WSHS! The academics are top notch, the teachers are welcoming and friendly, yet challenging, and it has a great environment!