Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Waterville Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Waterville, NY. It has 343 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Waterville Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-16 Students
- C+14 Students
- A14 Students
- B+11 Students
- B+9 Students
- A7 Students
- A+7 Students
- C7 Students
- A-6 Students
- C+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Waterville Junior/Senior High School
- C+Morrisville Middle/High School
- Morrisville-Eaton Central School District, NY
- 33 reviews
- BSauquoit Valley High School
- Sauquoit Valley Central School District, NY
- 43 reviews
- BOriskany Junior/Senior High School
- Oriskany Central School District, NY
- 20 reviews
- BWestmoreland High School
- Westmoreland Central School District, NY
- 45 reviews
Waterville Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Waterville Jr/Sr High School gives you a hometown feel while also receiving a good education! The teachers truly care about each student and although the school isn't very diverse, there's many other opprotunities it holds!
I believe that Waterville Junior/Senior High School is one of the best schools around. The school size is great. This gives every student a chance to feel what a big class of 20 or more students is like, and also what a small class size of 10 or less is like. Waterville also offers many distant learning classes. A lot of schools in this area are not fortunate enough to experience those classes. I believe that Waterville needs to change their approach at education as students get in higher levels. There are many students going into a trade such as welding or culinary these students do not need to focus highly on math and sciences but that is what those students are offered. There is also no in-between when it comes to English. There is either normal English 12 or AP English. Waterville has a good set up but could use a better approach.
The extra-curricular activities at school are really good at our school. We have all kind of activities ranging from soccer to art club. There's sports- related activities where we have succeeded very well. For example, 2 years in a row, our basketball team has made it to championships and then States. We pride ourselves in our competitiveness and willingness to fight to win. Our most popular activity this time of year is track. The boys have 24 on their team, and the girls have 29 on their team. Our principals, teachers, and administrator are at almost all of the sports activities after school.