Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Watertown Senior High School is a public school located in Watertown, NY. It has 996 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Watertown Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C89 Students
- A54 Students
- A-38 Students
- B+38 Students
- A+34 Students
- A+31 Students
- B-31 Students
- A-29 Students
- B28 Students
- A-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Watertown Senior High School
- BCarthage Senior High School
- Carthage Central School District, NY
- 134 reviews
- BSouth Jefferson High School
- South Jefferson Central School District, NY
- 88 reviews
- A-Indian River High School
- Indian River Central School District, NY
- 84 reviews
- CGeneral Brown Junior/Senior High School
- General Brown Central School District, NY
- 42 reviews
Watertown Senior High School Reviews
What I like about Watertown High school is that the school has many clubs and extracurriculars to take throughout the 4 years of high school. There are not as many electives as clubs/extracurriculars but there is still a lot of things a person can do in this school. For academics, it is pretty well thought out on the type of subjects that are given for each year. The changes that I would like to be made are having multiple improvements on college readiness for both juniors and seniors and how the school is operated by the administration. School culture is not shown very well to students.
School life at Watertown High School has never been steady. The variety of students and teacher in our district is very dispersed. We have many religious, racial and financial need based families in our district that brings different mindsets and thinking to our community.
The teachers try very hard to give the students the best education they can. Due to the low income in the area the school cannot afford the very best. Sports are good overall they provide many different sports. They don't have a lot of clubs but they are very willing to help students create clubs if they desire. The school tries their best even if the students don't realize it.