Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade C
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Watertown High School is an above average, public, charter school located in Watertown, WI. It has 1,250 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 28% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Watertown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+135 Students
- grade B90 Students
- grade C+74 Students
- grade B71 Students
- grade B59 Students
- grade A minus58 Students
- grade B minus54 Students
- grade A41 Students
- grade A minus39 Students
- grade B27 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responses
- Homecoming pep rally.22%
- Home soccer games under the lights9%
- Mark Wood concert6%
- Pops concert at the end of the year.6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,804 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 14 responses
Schools like Watertown High School
- grade B+Jefferson High School
- Jefferson School District, WI
- Rating 3.49 out of 5 61 reviews
- grade BWaterloo High School
- Waterloo School District, WI
- Rating 3.5 out of 5 44 reviews
- grade B+Lake Mills High School
- Lake Mills Area School District, WI
- Rating 3.24 out of 5 29 reviews
- grade B+Marshall High School
- Marshall School District, WI
- Rating 3.72 out of 5 50 reviews
Watertown High School Reviews
Rating 3.76 out of 5 83 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
WHS offers 18 advanced placement classes, a nationally recognized music program, state-of-the-art pre-engineering programming, and a nationally recognized Academic Decathlon team!
Great comprehensive high school with lots of opportunities for students! The school can prepare you for whatever you want to do after high school.
As an alumnus from Watertown High School, I thought my experience there was fairly average. I really enjoyed my experiences in my science and medical based classes, and that is what I am attending college for. I think Watertown has a lot of really good resources for those interested in pursuing the health sciences field.