Watertown High School is an above average, public school located in Watertown, SD. It has 1,231 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Watertown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+137 Students
- B123 Students
- A-57 Students
- B54 Students
- A+45 Students
- B35 Students
- A-32 Students
- B+32 Students
- B-29 Students
- B29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Watertown High School Reviews
I am a senior now at Watertown High School, and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Time really does fly when you're having fun. Everyday as I walk down the halls before classes starts, I am greeted with a smile from every teacher. It makes the start to my day a little sweeter. Each teacher at WHS really cares about their students and I personally have lived through it. It gives me great joy that the district have such caring teachers no matter what class it is. Each day of school is filled with hard work and laughter. HOMECOMING (Arrow Days) is one of the best week of each school year! The Arrow pride everyone has and the amount of energy either with dressing up and showing up for the games is so great. You will have to see it to believe it! Our relationship with our classmates is such a blessing, I love laughing and enjoying myself with my friends at Arrow Events. Watertown High School has made me to grow into a better person than I was 4 years ago being a little freshman.
I love the staff and the other students. Every teacher makes me feel welcome and makes me feel as though they want me to be my very best. I am always helped with work if needed and my questions are always answered, even if they have to do some research first. My school has made many safety precautions recently, allowing a school I already felt safe in, to become even more secure. I feel safe in my school and overall enjoy being there.
Watertown High School has improved since I've been here, especially their security precautions. This is the first year that the school has made noticeable changes to help protect it's students. The majority of students and their parents appreciate this but there are several flaws and kinks in the system that still need to be worked out.