Watertown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B91 Students
- B+84 Students
- A-36 Students
- B36 Students
- A+22 Students
- A-20 Students
- A-18 Students
- B-17 Students
- B17 Students
- A16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Watertown High School Reviews
Review Watertown High School
The extracurricular activities are abundant and diverse. Extracurricular activities can vary from Football to Key Club. One extracurricular activity that makes me proud about our school is the Gay-Straight alliance. This is an afterschool club where people of any sexual orientation can just get together and hangout, but also participate in volunteer work as well as even doing homework together. Another part of the extracurricular activites of WHS that make me proud to be an Arrow is not only the sports, but the amount of fine arts opportunities for people of any talent.
Watertown High School is the best school as far as uniqueness and support goes. My favorite experience as a student of Watertown High School is our homecoming, formally known as Ki-Yi. Ki-Yi was a unique experience that we all loved. Most schools have a parade for their homecoming as does Watertown, but nothing can beat the vans the seniors bounce throughout the parade, as well as the city-wide Arrow Pride shown throughout the town on the day of Ki-Yi. In addition to the parade, the entire week of Ki-Yi was unique. On Monday, The Legend too place in the gym, sharing the alliances of Native American tribes coming together as one to form a tribe known as "Ki-Yi." Throughout the week, there would be dress up days and then when it came to Thursday, it was the girls' time to shine. Junior and Senior girls would take the opportunity to show off their skills in a football game which was called the "powder puff" game. Once the seniors were finished winning against the juniors, the traditional "Burning of the W" would take place where the King and Queen, or Ki-Yi royalty would light a W on fire with a torch and the entire school would enjoy the huge bonfire. Last but not least, came friday, the homecoming game. Now, every school that has a homecoming has a football game, but nothing beats the school spirit of Watertown High School's school spirit and overall homecoming or what was known as Ki-Yi.
There is many luxuries such as the newest personal laptops, several clubs and opportunists, and being exposed to a lot of different courses. Our school has several interesting courses and clubs that let a student explore their interest. A lot of teachers at this school mostly allow us to be responsible for ourselves of what we do in class. Those who choose to pay attention do well, and those who don't fall behind. Teachers are very understanding, and I enjoy having senior privileges like open blocks. I would choose this school again because of all the good people and courses offered at this school.