Watertown High School is an above average, public school located in Watertown, SD. It has 1,184 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Watertown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B104 Students
- B+99 Students
- A-39 Students
- B39 Students
- A+26 Students
- A-25 Students
- A-23 Students
- B22 Students
- B-20 Students
- A19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Watertown High School Reviews
I am a senior now at Watertown High School, and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Time really does fly when you're having fun. Everyday as I walk down the halls before classes starts, I am greeted with a smile from every teacher. It makes the start to my day a little sweeter. Each teacher at WHS really cares about their students and I personally have lived through it. It gives me great joy that the district have such caring teachers no matter what class it is. Each day of school is filled with hard work and laughter. HOMECOMING (Arrow Days) is one of the best week of each school year! The Arrow pride everyone has and the amount of energy either with dressing up and showing up for the games is so great. You will have to see it to believe it! Our relationship with our classmates is such a blessing, I love laughing and enjoying myself with my friends at Arrow Events. Watertown High School has made me to grow into a better person than I was 4 years ago being a little freshman.
There are several different options that I could choose from. Different classes, dual credit, and middle college classes. There are also several different out of school activities that I could partake in. For example, the tucks organization, key club, jazz choir and band. Also there are several different sporting events that I was in and enjoyed watching with my peers. And the staff were all very helpful and understanding.
The extracurricular activities are abundant and diverse. Extracurricular activities can vary from Football to Key Club. One extracurricular activity that makes me proud about our school is the Gay-Straight alliance. This is an afterschool club where people of any sexual orientation can just get together and hangout, but also participate in volunteer work as well as even doing homework together. Another part of the extracurricular activites of WHS that make me proud to be an Arrow is not only the sports, but the amount of fine arts opportunities for people of any talent.