Watertown High School is an above average, public school located in Watertown, SD. It has 1,211 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Watertown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+164 Students
- B146 Students
- B-72 Students
- B+69 Students
- A+54 Students
- B44 Students
- A-41 Students
- B-41 Students
- B+40 Students
- B-34 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Watertown High School Reviews
Watertown High School has been a great place for me to grow, learn, gain a multitude of friendships, and find new academic interests. This school gave me a variety of opportunities to be involved in the community, arts, sports, extracurriculars, and college courses. If I could change anything about my high school, it would likely be the funds that go to the art programs. Sports are very appreciated at my high school, but the arts are not. The theater program is somewhat disappointing because of insufficient funds. The theater program is also not allowed to fundraise because of school limitations. Fundraisers available are mostly given to sports. Also, to create student lounges, the high school wants to eliminate some of the art classrooms along with the theater room.Overall, I love my high school but wish some things could change.
I am a senior now at Watertown High School, and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Time really does fly when you're having fun. Everyday as I walk down the halls before classes starts, I am greeted with a smile from every teacher. It makes the start to my day a little sweeter. Each teacher at WHS really cares about their students and I personally have lived through it. It gives me great joy that the district have such caring teachers no matter what class it is. Each day of school is filled with hard work and laughter. HOMECOMING (Arrow Days) is one of the best week of each school year! The Arrow pride everyone has and the amount of energy either with dressing up and showing up for the games is so great. You will have to see it to believe it! Our relationship with our classmates is such a blessing, I love laughing and enjoying myself with my friends at Arrow Events. Watertown High School has made me to grow into a better person than I was 4 years ago being a little freshman.
I like Watertown High School because of the variety of courses you can choose from. You can take anything from pottery to philosophy. I also liked the dual credit opportunity with Lake Area Technical Institute. I was actually able to take a few dual credit courses earlier this year and really enjoyed them. Overall, I have loved Watertown High School even with the challenges I have experienced.