Watertown High School is a highly rated, public school located in Watertown, MA. It has 658 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Watertown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B80 Students
- A75 Students
- A+68 Students
- A+60 Students
- A+53 Students
- B+44 Students
- B40 Students
- A+36 Students
- A+29 Students
- A+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Watertown High School
- B+Melrose High School
- Melrose Public Schools, MA
- 155 reviews
- BPeabody Veterans Memorial High School
- Peabody Public Schools, MA
- 185 reviews
- BWeymouth High School
- Weymouth Public Schools, MA
- 261 reviews
- B+Stoughton High School
- Stoughton Public Schools, MA
- 96 reviews
Watertown High School Reviews
I like Watertown High School overall but there are some things that I would like to see change. A lot of teachers here are only mediocre and they could be replaced with better teachers creating a better education for all of the students. Other than that, more consistency would be great!
I loved the diversity Watertown High School offered. However, they did not promote diversity and acceptance of all. They punished students who had a troubled home life and valued the ones who were privileged. I wish I had seen more caring teachers and people more involved in me as a student. We were not people, we were just numbers and the greatest goal of that school was just see us leave. There weren't a lot of teachers who touched me and made a big enough difference in my academic life or my life in general.
Watertown high school really prepared me for college. They taught me important techniques with writing essays and papers that help me emensely in my college career. They taught me very important studying skills and how to remain organized. They had SAT prep incorporated in or ciriculm which helped when taking the actual test. They taught me how to analyze what I’m reading and to think deeper into the meaning of things. It was an amazing school to attend and I recommend it to everyone.