Waterford High School is a highly rated, public school located in Waterford, CT. It has 846 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Waterford High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A175 Students
- B-88 Students
- B-83 Students
- B62 Students
- B52 Students
- C49 Students
- A+48 Students
- B-44 Students
- B-37 Students
- B-31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Waterford High School
- B+Westbrook High School
- Westbrook School District, CT
- 53 reviews
- AOld Saybrook Senior High School
- Old Saybrook School District, CT
- 103 reviews
- BWesterly High School
- Westerly Public Schools, RI
- 144 reviews
- B+Ledyard High School
- Ledyard School District, CT
- 152 reviews
Waterford High School Reviews
Waterford High School provided me with the education I need to further my studies into college. They are very open and helpful with anything I need, the teachers and staff are very friendly and our STEM program is amazing. I am very happy to have grown up in Waterford Public Schools!
Waterford High School is a beautiful state-of-the-art school that offers a high level of education with numerous clubs, activities, sports, and opportunities. Students are welcomed with smiles, kindness, enthusiasm, and support. The teachers are willing to help students and place great value over the quality of education. WHS is definitely one of the best schools in the nation!
As an entering junior in WHS, I must say that the academic and athletic program in this school are above average. I have very good relations with all of my teachers and find most of them to be interested in the subject they teach. Many have class policies that structure the class so that students respect them, each other, and the school which I find very helpful. Many go the extra step and prove to the students that they should be respected by treating the students as humans too. The athletic facilities well kept, including the gym, track, and tennis courts. However,there are also a few sub par aspects of the school. I believe that more AP classes should be offered to students, and that underclassmen should be offered AP classes. Also, I think that all students should be offered IB and more AP classes, such as micro and macroeconomics,Bio, Calc AB + BC.