Watauga High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-177 Students
- A+109 Students
- A+107 Students
- A-65 Students
- B+58 Students
- C49 Students
- A+41 Students
- B+39 Students
- B-33 Students
- A+31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 60 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Watauga High School Reviews
Review Watauga High School
Watauga High School has amazing facilities and the ability to push their students to being some of the best in the country. The campus is beautiful and well maintained, and the equipment each classroom is given access to is phenomenal. The teachers are mostly passionate, but the curriculum binds them into teaching a narrow field. The administration has many flaws, but it's being worked out as we speak. Our sports facilities and coaches are wonderful and motivated. Watauga High is one of the best high schools in the state, and I would recommend anyone bring their kid here to learn!
Watauga provided me with many enriching academic and extracurricular opportunities! I never ran out of advanced classes to take or clubs to join, and the electives offered satisfied my non-academic interests completely. However, the school is not very diverse or cultured, which was a downside for me, a Filipina.
Watauga high School has many resources and opportunities to offer. Being adjacent to ASU creates the space to work with higher education experts for an immersive experience. The high school itself offers many resources such as high speed laptops, diverse classes, and a modern and efficient building with a positive learning environment. There are many extensive and diverse routes offered at Watauga to fit your interests and future career plans.