Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Watauga High School is a highly rated, public school located in Boone, NC. It has 1,141 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Watauga High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-272 Students
- A+189 Students
- A+173 Students
- B+97 Students
- B+89 Students
- C+73 Students
- A+63 Students
- A+57 Students
- B54 Students
- B49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Watauga High School Reviews
Watauga High School (WHS) is a wonderful high school. WHS boasts more than 40 clubs and the application for students to begin their own clubs is extremely easy. WHS also has phenomenal athletics and a wonderful arts program. Theatre, chorus, and band students have multiple opportunities to showcase their talent, like a spring musical and concerts spread throughout the year. WHS also has several AP classes, including a few uncommon ones like AP Music Theory and AP Computer Science. There's really something for everyone! The support staff, like guidance counselors and social workers, truly care about every student. I've personally seen my counselors once every week for the past school year and it's a wonderful stress reliever. The school has few problems with drugs and disobedience according to my knowledge and its quite diverse as well. I highly recommend Watauga High School to all parents in or moving to Watauga Country.
My experience here at the high school was filled with many opportunities and great experiences. The teachers are really kind and helpful and reach out to students who ask for help. All the staff are super kind and care about each and everyone of their students. They want us to succeed! As of things that should change at the school is the amount work a student is required to do. I know many students who are less fortunate than others having jobs and taking care of their families. They have little time to do school work especially for AP classes and they are strict about work. If teachers were a little more flexible to those students that would make the school a lot more enjoyable for most students
I love this school very much! The teachers, staff, and education taught is fantastic. It’s been hard during COVID-19 because of virtual learning, but I still had a great time learning material.