Washtenaw International High School is a top rated, public school located in Ypsilanti, MI. It has 483 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Washtenaw International High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+152 Students
- A82 Students
- B+57 Students
- B+38 Students
- A+36 Students
- B-34 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+24 Students
- A+20 Students
- A+19 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Washtenaw International High School
- AEarly College Alliance
- Public School
- Ypsilanti, MI
- 118 reviews
- A+Skyline High School
- Ann Arbor Public Schools, MI
- 298 reviews
- APlymouth High School
- Plymouth-Canton Community Schools, MI
- 284 reviews
- A+Community High School
- Ann Arbor Public Schools, MI
- 94 reviews
Washtenaw International High School Reviews
I have never seen such an unorganized and unprepared school as WIHI.The first few weeks of school start off as a struggle for a majority of students to fix their schedules and get into the classes they initially marked at the end of the previous school year.While I was at WIHI, the office temporarily lost my medical file and wasn't sure if I was allowed to use one of the school's epi-pens in case of an allergic reaction.The teachers are really where the school shines, as they work hard and build personal connections with students as well as parents in order to maintain transparency and trust; they truly want their students to succeed.Unfortunately most WIHI teachers have a tendency to leave after an average of about 2 years at the school often due to higher-paying offers with more benefits for the teachers.Overall WIHI lacks the structure and organization you'd expect from an average public school and unless it is close to home and easily accessible it isn't worth the hassle.
WIHI is very dedicated to the IB program and making sure students maintain good mental health and extra curricular activities. Teachers are very caring and form good relationships with students. However the STEM program is not what I would have liked. The competition math prep is not good and competition science limited to HOSA and Science Olympiad. Both of which do fairly well however it could be better, the math is no where near what it should be however. The forensics program however is very good and if you are interested in the humanities you should definitely highly consider this school.
I love Washtenaw International High school. This is an IB school so if you reach all the requirements you will be able to receive an IB diploma by the end on your senior year which is helpful when applying to college and overall is good to work for in order to teach work ethic and achievement. This school is based around diversity 100% and is such a safe place to be, you will definitely feel safe here no matter where you come from or what your beliefs are. I will say, it is a very liberal school considering it is not traditional American views and is very accepting which doesn't bother me being a liberal myself. But if you are a conservative or consider yourself more of a Republican it might be a bit harder for you to fit in just due to the fact it is so open-minded. But even so, conservative or just an introvert, you will still feel safe here and will have friends in no time mostly if you like it or not. Please come!!