Washougal High School is a public school located in Washougal, WA. It has 962 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Washougal High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A121 Students
- A+96 Students
- C83 Students
- B+62 Students
- B-49 Students
- B40 Students
- A-36 Students
- B35 Students
- A-29 Students
- B+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 30 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Washougal High School
- BPrairie High School
- Battle Ground School District, WA
- 170 reviews
- CHudson's Bay High School
- Vancouver School District, WA
- 184 reviews
- B-Heritage High School
- Evergreen Public Schools, WA
- 275 reviews
- B-Sandy High School
- Oregon Trail School District, OR
- 127 reviews
Washougal High School Reviews
Attending Washougal School District was a great experience and helped shape me into the person I am today, however there are some flaws in the system as there are in every school district. Few teachers seemed up to par with how to teach and be polite and considerate to students, then there were the select few that would go over and beyond for the students to succeed. As I entered high school the problem got worse and staff, alongside administration, have become more and more unaware of there surroundings and seem to be selfish as to what happens inside and outside of school perimeters. All in all, if I could make change to Washougal School District, it would be to hire staff that care more about the students priorities over their own.
Washougal High School is a wonderful school that I have attended for 4 years now. Washougal is a great friendly community with lots of friendly people. With the size of the school, I have more of an opportunity to know almost everyone at my school. This also helps me to have more of an opportunity to talk to my teachers. The teachers at Washougal specifically want you to succeed they are willing to do the best possible for each student to pass. Washougal High School has helped me get a great start for the future!
The teachers are great! There are a lot of clubs to participate in and the school councilors help you make informed decisions. They also help you apply for scholarships and will write you letters of recommendations. Some of the sports are good but not all of them.