Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade unavailable
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Washington High School is a public school located in Washington, IN. It has 751 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Washington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A144 Students
- grade B139 Students
- grade C minus111 Students
- grade C+100 Students
- grade A+86 Students
- grade B79 Students
- grade B52 Students
- grade A minus49 Students
- grade A minus46 Students
- grade B42 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responses
- Rollercoaster at basketball games33%
- Pep rallies17%
- Spirit Week17%
- Washington likes to do the bare minimum.17%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,088 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 12 responses
Schools like Washington High School
- grade CPike Central High School
- Pike County School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.52 out of 5 62 reviews
- grade BSouth Knox Middle/High School
- South Knox School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 27 reviews
- grade B minusNorth Daviess Junior/Senior High School
- North Daviess Community Schools, IN
- Rating 3.98 out of 5 41 reviews
- grade C+North Knox Junior/Senior High School
- North Knox School Corporation, IN
- Rating 3.9 out of 5 31 reviews
Washington High School Reviews
Rating 3.14 out of 5 81 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Majority of the staff are excellent educators. They are reasonable, easy to work with, and a joy to be taught by. They offer many classes for many different interests and offers several AP and dual credit courses. WHS has an amazing special education department and is extremely inclusive with those students. However, the school has an obvious favoritism towards athletics and often leaves arts programs to fend for themselves.
I admire the clubs and programs that are available to the students at Washington High School. There are clubs for helping students such as Hatchets Helping Hatchets (H3). This club allows students to have free access to clothing, school supplies, & personal hygiene items. Beta helps out the community & collects money for local organizations & charities. They also host fun events. I really that the school has free meals after school. To encourage good behavior, the staff gives out Pride Cards. These are given to students that have shown acts of kindness. Yesterday, a student who usually doesn't have the best behavior, held the door for a delivery man with packages & was awarded a pride card. The pride cards go into a pile, names get drawn, and students are awarded with shirts, baskets, & plaques.
There is definitely diversity in this school but I’m not all that sure that the school embraces that. I will admit that Washington High School offers a variety of clubs to join. From my point, there’s more teachers that genuinely care about the students and are willing to engage with them to satisfy their academic needs. I do wish this school district would prioritize enhancing us with useful skills to prepare us for life after high school instead of prioritizing if we turned the homework on time.