Washington High School is a public school located in Washington, IA. It has 582 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A150 Students
- A93 Students
- B+79 Students
- B-72 Students
- B38 Students
- A28 Students
- B-24 Students
- B+23 Students
- A-20 Students
- B-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Washington High School
- A-Mid-Prairie High School
- Mid-Prairie Community School District, IA
- 49 reviews
- B-Keota High School
- Keota Community School District, IA
- 21 reviews
- B-Highland High School
- Highland Community School District, IA
- 24 reviews
- CColumbus Community High School
- Columbus Community School District, IA
- 88 reviews
Washington High School Reviews
Washington High School is a smaller school, but that makes it great for getting involved and easily finding people you connect with. I was personally in at least sport during each season and I know of countless clubs my friends were involved in. I also believe the teachers make Washington High School a place you WANT to learn. They connect so well with the students and are willing to help you in any circumstance. One of the biggest changes I would like to see are for classes to work on college preparations. Some classes were incredibly easy and I was blown away by the amount of information presented in college with no idea how to properly study for them. Overall, love the school and love going back to visit.
I honestly loved Washington High School. I would recommend it to anyone. However, you need to be involved at WHS to have a great time there. I know people who weren't involved didn't enjoy it as much, but I was very involved and loved every minute. Whether that was cheering on the side lines of a football game, performing in a play in the auditorium, or wrecking people's ankles on the soccer field. Washington High School gave me so many opportunities for education and activities wise.
Washington High School is a very good school to go to. This school is very safe and is small enough that you know everybody but big enough that you can have your own space. I have been going to the Washington Community School District all my life and I would have to say the best thing is the teachers, they are always willing to help their students.