Washington High School is a public school located in Cherokee, IA. It has 286 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Washington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+30 Students
- A27 Students
- A24 Students
- B19 Students
- B-15 Students
- B-13 Students
- B+8 Students
- B-7 Students
- C+7 Students
- B+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Washington High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Washington High School Reviews
Washington High School is a very good school with lots of great teachers and administration members that are always willing to help out. There are always small things that could be changed for accommodating students, but overall, I have had a great experience. Teachers were always good with giving extra help when needed and ensuring that kids were getting the information they needed to excel. The sports culture with the community support is also very good, it was a fun four years being a brave as well as cheering on other braves!
Washington High School faculty cares about their students. But there were some teachers that did not care about our education and did not teach. The students at Washington High School truly care about each other. The school is kind of biased when it comes to sports and academics. When you are in sports, the only thing that the coaches care about is last names. In the classroom, you can get bullied if you aren’t considered popular. Coaches ruin the sports for students who truly love that sport.
I feel some of the teacher genuinely care about how their students do in a class rather than just giving an assignment they wouldn't understand. I think a select few of the teachers play favorites but most care about all students equally. Teaching styles are different with all teachers but I think depending on the student, if they did a one on one tutoring, they accommodate that student. Communication skills are good, it's easy to relay a message and clearly understand each other. Some teachers are not consistent with grading but those are also the same teachers that have favorite students.