Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Washington County High School is a public school located in Sandersville, GA. It has 867 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 21% of students are at least proficient in math and 31% in reading.
Washington County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+169 Students
- B144 Students
- A+139 Students
- B-123 Students
- B103 Students
- B+87 Students
- B86 Students
- C+74 Students
- B63 Students
- C62 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Washington County High School Reviews
Washington County High School is wonderful! This is a school that has a lot of potential. I can see it within my peers and the teachers, who are great and passionate. We are a school that has values and a sense of pride. We are the Golden Hawks! I do think teachers could connect to students more. From experience, I can say that appropriate and respectful interpersonal relationships between teachers and students make learning worthwhile.
I have a good experience with Washington County High School. I am now a senior and from all my three years...my school has never let me down. At WaCo, they take great pride and focus on education. The principal wants the best for every single student that sets foot in his school. Washington County High School provides the students with various sports that they can participate in. We have gymnastics, competition cheerleading, football cheerleading, basketball cheerleading, track, cross country, wrestling, football, basketball, weightlifting, baseball, golf, tennis, soccer, and a competitive dance company team. They also provide many clubs that are fun to be a part of!
My experience is pretty good. I would say the diversity and open mindedness of the students is huge and I really enjoy that. I wound not really change anything. They have plenty of electives like art, computer classes, agriculture etc that you can chose from which I really enjoy I would say thats the best part of my school experience.