Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Washington Community High School is a highly rated, public school located in Washington, IL. It has 1,357 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Washington Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B151 Students
- C+146 Students
- B+112 Students
- A+106 Students
- A80 Students
- B-67 Students
- A+62 Students
- A+57 Students
- B+54 Students
- B51 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Washington Community High School
- B-Pekin Community High School
- Public School
- Pekin, IL
- 207 reviews
- B+Metamora High School
- Public School
- Metamora, IL
- 165 reviews
- A-Eureka High School
- Eureka Community Unit School District No. 140, IL
- 105 reviews
- B+Tremont High School
- Tremont Community Unit School District No. 702, IL
- 41 reviews
Washington Community High School Reviews
We are so thankful for the outstanding education and enrichment our son received from Washington Community High School. Of course you will hear and read about their athletic programs - and they are outstanding - but, the value that this school and community place on the arts is phenomenal. From theatre to marching band to art to choir to multiple band categories, you name it, the experience is unparalleled in the Peoria area and rivals the best in the state. There truly is something for everyone at Washington. The opportunity to find your passion and grow tremendously in that field is the greatest attribute of this school. We are forever grateful!
I liked that Washington High School had so many outlets and options for the students. So many teachers have provided a safe place for their students over the years and have remained up to date in their accomplishments passed graduation. The administration is looked at differently by a lot of students, but in my personal opinion, they tend to not think through things in the best way possible. Overall, the high school experience at Washington is average, but the teachers are what really made a difference in mine and so many others lives.
Attending high school here has been alright. I feel as though there policies on dealing with mental health and suicide are extremely weak. They don’t have a solid plan for construction during the school year and I feel like the administration wastes a lot of money. However, most of the staff are amazing people who have taught me so much about the world and I could not ask for a better high school!