Washington Community High School is a highly rated, public school located in Washington, IL. It has 1,212 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 41% in reading.
115 Bondurant St
Washington, IL 61571
Washington Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-108 Students
- B+89 Students
- A-74 Students
- A+73 Students
- A+46 Students
- A46 Students
- B39 Students
- A-34 Students
- A+31 Students
- B+31 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 61 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Washington Community High School
- BPekin Community High School
- Public School
- Pekin, IL
- 180 reviews
- A-Metamora High School
- Public School
- Metamora, IL
- 144 reviews
- A-Eureka High School
- Eureka Community Unit School District No. 140, IL
- 88 reviews
- A-Tremont High School
- Tremont Community Unit School District No. 702, IL
- 37 reviews
Washington Community High School Reviews
Washington Community High School provides students a tight-knit community. The high school is a very safe environment. The lunch ladies are constantly upgrading the foods in the best ways possible, the students are encouraged to participate in as many activities as possible, and administrators make sure that parents are involved. However, some of the teachers do not seem qualified to teach the courses that they teach. Also, the athletic department is not a fan of going outside the circle of teachers to find more qualified coaches.
Washington Community High School is a school where you can go and be yourself. When you first enter the building you are always greeted by someone saying "Good Morning," and it's easy to find a friend to engage with. The classes are generally small depending on the class. Teachers are knowledgable and flexible on when you can come in to finish tests, and if you need to come in early to get extra help on a particular subject they are reasonable. The facilities are fairly clean, the only time they are affected is if the kids treat them without respect. Thankfully, I do not participate in such endeavors. All in all, WCHS is a school that students enjoy being in, even when it may seem like the days never end.
Washington Community High School is not only a safe place to learn and achieve your goals, but it is a community built place to receive an education. The students are always involved in above and beyond their education. We always have staff, administrators, as well as teachers that are constantly appreciated due to their hard work with allowing students to pursue and stabilize their lives in order to be better prepared for college. The sports and the teams are fantastic while continuously accepting those who play as well as those who would like to play. We are constantly pushed to thrive for success as a Washington Panther.