Warwick Valley High School is a highly rated, public school located in Warwick, NY. It has 1,374 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 97% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
89 Sanfordville Rd
Warwick, NY 10990
Warwick Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-100 Students
- B67 Students
- A+61 Students
- A-59 Students
- A+53 Students
- A52 Students
- B49 Students
- B+42 Students
- B-41 Students
- B41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 57 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Warwick Valley High School
- A-Goshen Central High School
- Goshen Central School District, NY
- 138 reviews
- B+Wallkill Valley Regional High School
- Public School
- Hardyston Township, NJ
- 71 reviews
- B+George F. Baker High School
- Tuxedo Union Free School District, NY
- 42 reviews
- BMinisink Valley High School
- Minisink Valley Central School District, NY
- 152 reviews
Warwick Valley High School Reviews
There was a multitude of interesting electives from computer science, to veterinary sciences, to floral design. The classes were well constructed with qualified and caring teachers. Many of the varsity sports were very competitive and did very well in the district, the clubs are very widespread, there really is something for everyone, however, my main complaint is the lack of diversity. Warwick is a school that is almost completely lacking in minority groups, leaving all of the opinions and views to be Brough to the table by an almost completely white population.
Finally going into my senior year at Warwick Valley High School, I would say that I definitely enjoyed my time as a student. An element that I enjoyed very much while attending WVHS would be the teacher's willingness to always help students. Every teacher at WVHS wants to see their students succeed. Another aspect that I appreciated was a number of clubs and activities that the school has to offer. Students can choose to be a part of multiple clubs including, Interact Club, Debate Club, Journalism, Photography, and Gaming Club. There is also the library. The library is a modernized, high tech area, where students can go to study, get work done, or relax with friends in the cafe. I think many alumni would agree that WVHS is a great school to be enrolled in.
My feelings about my four years at WVHS are mixed, to say the least. Teachers were definitely hit or miss, as I never had a decent math teacher, but all of my social studies teachers were phenomenal. "Security" at Warwick is a joke. Only two had any interest in doing what they were meant to do, one was just out to get anyone for anything, and the other sat on a bench all day and did nothing. I never really felt secure with the latter two on the job. The principal, Dr. Washington, is overbearing, and forced a new schedule on the school, despite opposition to the plan. But on the positive side, Warwick has many extracurricular activities and sports, a guidance office that is very helpful, and generally very good academics.