Warren Central High School is a public school located in Vicksburg, MS. It has 1,274 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 14% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Warren Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-235 Students
- B+189 Students
- B-181 Students
- A-114 Students
- C+97 Students
- B-73 Students
- B+73 Students
- B-62 Students
- A-46 Students
- B44 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Warren Central High School Reviews
My experience with Warren Central has been amazing. I have made many life long friends, along with many people I know will have my back. Learning to navigate growing up in a place like Warren Central has taught me to be patient and responsible. Warren Central is an old school. Its walls are the same walls my father roamed way back in '96. Playing sports was most challenging because we had a grass field, unlike all our competitors, who had turf. Recently though, our school received an $83 Million bond. This will help improve our school and the students learning capabilities. Although I will be graduated by the time they finish, I am excited for the future of the Warren Central administration and students.
My experience at Warren Central has had its high and low points throughout the last few years. There were times i was satisfied with the structure of the system that was set up in an effective manner. However, most of the time i was disappointed by the lack of planning and disorganization by these professionals. There have been several examples where a simple assembly or event should have been easy to organize and promote turns into this crisis everyone involved. Warren Central has its amazing times where everything is planned and goes well and they also have things to improve on.
This is my first year attending Warren Central High School. I came from Vicksburg Catholic School. I have gotten inducted into Mu Alpha Theta, National Honors Society, and many other academic clubs through Warren Central. So far, I have been given more opportunities than ever before and have learned a huge amount of not only academics but life skills. I am definitely thriving and am loving it! Go Vikings!