Ware County High School is an above average, public school located in Waycross, GA. It has 1,578 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Ware County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+130 Students
- A+129 Students
- B+111 Students
- B+87 Students
- B64 Students
- NG63 Students
- C+44 Students
- A+43 Students
- C+42 Students
- B36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Ware County High School Reviews
Ware County High School has prepared me for college by providing rigorous and academically challenging education courses. They offer Advanced Placement classes as well as dual enrollment classes at an accredited institution. I have been a part of various school related activities. I participated in football, baseball, and the swim team. We advanced to the state playoffs in football and swimming, and we were awarded the opportunity to swim at Georgia Tech. I've also competed in Model UN, served in BETA and NHS, and have had a positive experience in a diverse and nurturing environment.
I love the environment that our teachers create! One thing I would like to see is more encouragement in finding out information on our own, as opposed to blindly carrying another’s perspective.
Great school full of caring educators! Wide variety of opportunities from dual enrollment courses to AP courses.