Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Wapahani High School is an above average, public school located in Selma, IN. It has 360 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Wapahani High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B148 Students
- A66 Students
- A+49 Students
- C+31 Students
- B+30 Students
- A-24 Students
- A-21 Students
- NG20 Students
- B20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Wapahani High School
- A-Burris Laboratory School
- Public School
- Muncie, IN
- 65 reviews
- BDelta High School
- Delaware Community School Corporation, IN
- 85 reviews
- A-Yorktown High School
- Yorktown Community Schools, IN
- 104 reviews
- B+Monroe Central Junior/Senior High School
- Monroe Central School Corporation, IN
- 42 reviews
Wapahani High School Reviews
I am currently a senior at Wapahani High School and I have attended school at this corporation since kindergarten. I love that our school has amazing sports teams and provides great competition and opportunities. Many of our teams have participated in state events. I also love that we have such a close-knit family-like school structure that allows us to come together and help each other when needed. I enjoy our clubs and music/arts programs. I also appreciate our teachers/staff because they provide us students with good resources. I am also thankful that we have the technology and spaces for entertainment/studying. We are also very protected while attending school because of our resource officer. However, I would like to see Wapahani have more diversity. We don’t have much culture in our community because it is heavily Caucasian based. Other than that, I think Wapahani is an amazing school that provides students with everything they need and more. I have enjoyed my time at Wapahani.
I personally love my small-town school. Everyone knows everyone and is willing to help each other out. Friday nights are spent at basketball games with the whole community coming out to cheer everyone on. Teachers and administrators truly care too, working hard to reach out to as many students as possible.
Wapahani is overall a really good school, we're good at almost every sport there is and our academics are amazing. Sports is what we're known for, especially volleyball, basketball, and basketball. I love that at Wapahani we are all so close and everyone knows everyone. We're like a big family honestly. I couldn't imagine going to any other school. It's really nice if you're new to our school, we are very welcoming. We don't really have kids who are a lot of trouble like some schools around here. We are really involved in our community. The administration is awesome except maybe one teacher. I would really only change one thing about Wapahani and that's the food, its almost always awful and everyone complains. The elementary schools food is way better than the high schools and the middle schools combined.