Wapahani High School is an above average, public school located in Selma, IN. It has 396 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Wapahani High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+139 Students
- A63 Students
- A+46 Students
- B-29 Students
- B+28 Students
- A-23 Students
- A-20 Students
- NG19 Students
- C+18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Wapahani High School
- ABurris Laboratory School
- Public School
- Muncie, IN
- 58 reviews
- B+Delta High School
- Delaware Community School Corporation, IN
- 79 reviews
- A-Yorktown High School
- Yorktown Community Schools, IN
- 91 reviews
- BMonroe Central Junior/Senior High School
- Monroe Central School Corporation, IN
- 39 reviews
Wapahani High School Reviews
Wapahani is overall a really good school, we're good at almost every sport there is and our academics are amazing. Sports is what we're known for, especially volleyball, basketball, and basketball. I love that at Wapahani we are all so close and everyone knows everyone. We're like a big family honestly. I couldn't imagine going to any other school. It's really nice if you're new to our school, we are very welcoming. We don't really have kids who are a lot of trouble like some schools around here. We are really involved in our community. The administration is awesome except maybe one teacher. I would really only change one thing about Wapahani and that's the food, its almost always awful and everyone complains. The elementary schools food is way better than the high schools and the middle schools combined.
I loved how involved the faculty members were in events and dress up days. I also loved the interactions the teachers had with the students, doing one on one learning skills with individuals. The Wapahani School has treated me amazingly, the resource room is just as involved in events as the rest of the students are. I am proud to be a raider, our sports teams encourage others to try out for the team. Wapahani is very encouraging when trying to get everyone involved into the activities and sports in the school. I have never felt as if I wasn't wanted or wasn't learning in the Wapahani learning committee. Families are also involved as we have the ice cream social and we have many other events such as RADD dodge ball, it is almost as if we are a big family. My children In the future will be attending Wapahani High School.
The community all comes together if someone is in need or a tragedy has happened. Everyone knows everyone and makes you feel comfortable around them. All the teachers are very helpful to any student or another teacher; every teacher throughout the whole school system from the elementary to the high school. They say our school is a small town, big sound. Although its a small town that Wapahani is located in, we always speak proudly of our community. Whether there is something going on that is good or bad, everyone comes together to support one another.