Wanda R. Smith High School is an above average, public school located in Keene, TX. It has 316 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Wanda R. Smith High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+73 Students
- A+47 Students
- B41 Students
- C-39 Students
- B+37 Students
- A+36 Students
- B+34 Students
- A32 Students
- A31 Students
- B+29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Wanda R. Smith High School
- B-Everman High School
- Everman Independent School District, TX
- 488 reviews
- C+Alvarado High School
- Alvarado Independent School District, TX
- 156 reviews
- B+Mansfield Legacy High School
- Mansfield Independent School District, TX
- 391 reviews
- B-Godley High School
- Godley Independent School District, TX
- 57 reviews
Wanda R. Smith High School Reviews
The thing I love most about Keene High School is how everyone comes together as a family. I have never been surrounded by a community of people that truly and deeply care for each other. We are a small school but there is nowhere like here! I was worried about transferring to Keene because of how small it is, but I was welcomed in with open arms. What I would like to see more of is improvement in the seriousness of clubs at school. All of the clubs I’m involved in such as NHS and BETA Club are great, but sometimes they aren’t taken as seriously as they should be.
I have felt welcome at Wanda R. Smith High School since the first day I arrived in the 8th grade. Most of the students have been at Keene since they started school and do not realize the blessing that Keene is. At Keene, we are able to communicate with our teachers and they know us all on a first name basis. We get hour lunches to take care of any studying or tutorials we need. If I were to change anything at Keene, I would only change the lunches.
I have been part of KISD since Middle School. I feel like being in a small community as well as a small school is advantageous, everyone knows each other and the teachers know you, you get that one on one teacher-student interaction. Wanda R. Smith High School is an overall amazing school.