Wamego High School is an above average, public school located in Wamego, KS. It has 446 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Wamego High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A137 Students
- A69 Students
- B+45 Students
- B39 Students
- B-31 Students
- C+22 Students
- B18 Students
- B+16 Students
- B12 Students
- B-11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Wamego High School
- B+Wabaunsee Senior High School
- Mill Creek Valley Unified School District, KS
- 28 reviews
- A-Rock Creek Junior/Senior High School
- Rock Creek Unified School District, KS
- 57 reviews
- B+St. Marys Junior/Senior High School
- Kaw Valley Unified School District, KS
- 18 reviews
- A+Manhattan High School
- Manhattan-Ogden Unified School District, KS
- 331 reviews
Wamego High School Reviews
I transferred to Wamego High School in the middle of my freshman year and my experience here has been outstanding! The classmates are nice, the teachers are there for you, and the school is set up to help you succeed. The only issue I have had is that they change their policies every year and as a soon-to-be former student, I would like to see them stick to one policy. When they change the policy it makes the year confusing. Other than that the school is out of this world and I hope to see the school prosper.
Wamego High School has many benefits, they have different electives that you can take to help you choose the career you want to be in. They are starting to have more resources because they did a one-to-one with Mac books. This was by far the best decision they could have made because it helped to broaden the things we could do in school. However, they do not prepare you for college very well and they do not offer classes to help you apply for college and for scholarships. They offer courses you can take online through Highland Community College but they don't do a very good job at advertising this so many students aren't aware we have these programs.
My overall experience with Wamego High is filled with positive memories due to the adverse culture here at Wamego. There is such a large variety of different types of kids that makes every part of this school well rounded. Whether it is the basketball team, band, or scholar's bowl team, you will find people who can connect with you. A major upside to Wamego is the size. With about 100 kids in each class you still have a small classroom vibe with a large school experience. I would for sure pick Wamego over any high school in the nation because I truly did enjoy my time here and I believe it has prepared me for college and any obstacles life may present me.