Walton High School is an elite, public, charter school located in Marietta, GA. It has 2,674 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Walton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+343 Students
- A+148 Students
- B+148 Students
- B130 Students
- A+118 Students
- A+96 Students
- B+87 Students
- A85 Students
- B+83 Students
- A-69 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 121 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.46 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.60 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.75 responses
Schools like Walton High School
- A+Chamblee Charter High School
- Dekalb County Schools, GA
- 470 reviews
- A-North Springs High School
- Fulton County Schools, GA
- 418 reviews
- NGIvy Preparatory Academy at Gwinnett
- Public School
- Norcross, GA
- 7 reviews
- A+Lassiter High School
- Cobb County Schools, GA
- 433 reviews
Walton High School Reviews
Walton High School provides a rigorous public education. While the administration is very focused on pushing students to take AP classes, the emphasis on academic achievement does indeed elicit an environment that prepares students for college. At times the demanding expectations placed unnecessary pressure on myself and other students. I have witnessed individual staff members voice dissatisfaction with this and many of my teachers made a conscientious effort to lower anxiety levels in students. As a junior in college, I am thankful for the education I received at Walton. As an older sibling, I would like to see a shift in focus from achievement to a lifelong love of learning.
INCREDIBLE AND GREAT IN ACADEMICS. SO MUCH BETTER THAN LASSITER! At Walton, the great teachers makes sure that you are grasping the concepts before you move on. My older sister goes to Walton and she adores it. Although at some times it gets tough due to all of the rough material you must master, everyone is there to help you thrive. Walton really has a tight community and they will all work to get the students in a great position for college.
Walton provides a wide range of academic opportunities from extremely rigorous AP education to easier on level classes. AP classes at Walton are no joke. Its excellent teachers push students to their limits which results in high averaging AP exam scores. Everyday, it's common to hear students complain about lack of sleep or stress induced by the workload of AP and Honors classes. Many Walton alumni report that taking multiple AP classes at Walton is harder than some years in college. As a result, students feel more prepared for college and rigorous curriculum. A downside to the academics at Walton is that students in on level classes are given a lazy education that removes the sense of importance for academics which creates some polarization between AP students and on level students. Overall, Walton is an awesome school with incredible AP teachers that academically prepares its students for college.