Walton High School is a top rated, public, charter school located in Marietta, GA. It has 2,710 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Walton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+482 Students
- A+222 Students
- B+204 Students
- B180 Students
- A+171 Students
- A+125 Students
- A124 Students
- B+122 Students
- B113 Students
- A102 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 135 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.63 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.78 responses
Walton High School Reviews
Walton High School has inspired me to strive for success in all aspects of my life. The goal of the teachers and administrators is to inspire students to be successful in their classes in addition to giving back to the community. The teachers push students to be studious, but also honest. Academic integrity is an important value at Walton, and students are required to write our honor code at the top of each assignment and assessment we turn in to our teachers. Undeniably , Walton has a reputation for being a challenging school. However, I firmly believe that each student can shape their high school experience to their liking. There are a variety of on-level, honors, and AP classes that students can pick and choose from. In addition to academics, Walton has many extracurricular activities available for students. Some popular clubs are Model UN, Habitat for Humanity, and Walton Community Outreach. The sports programs at Walton are another excellent way to spend time outside of class.
I am an alum who recently graduated. This school is very good for academically competitive students, but it can be tough if you are not. The administration/teachers/other peers encourage students to challenge themselves and take many AP classes, making many students have a tough schedule. On top of that, the AP classes themselves are generally more challenging than necessary to prepare the kids for the AP tests. If you do not give into the pressure to overly challenge yourself and ultimately take easy on level classes, you will have an easier time. The school overall prepares you well for college, meaning they are not only well in academics but they give plenty of opportunities to join clubs, participate in sports, do service, etc. The school is huge, so there are all kinds of people there, and I found friends that I connected well with.
Walton is an exemplary school that really does push its students and prepare them for college. It has rigorous teachers and a competitive atmosphere that can encourage top academic performance. Some of the most lauded programs are the STEM program, the AP classes, band, orchestra, the language department, the English and social studies department, honor societies etc. However this school really does push students to the brink of exhaustion sometimes and doesn't let them be kids to an extent. Another issue is that teachers and faculty expect all students to be wealthy and ask large payments of them for clubs, school functions, trips, etc. In general it is a great school that will help with college admissions, but it can be really strenuous.