Walton High School is a top rated, public, charter school located in Marietta, GA. It has 2,693 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 89% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Walton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+528 Students
- A+251 Students
- B+232 Students
- B194 Students
- A+187 Students
- A139 Students
- B+132 Students
- A+132 Students
- B118 Students
- A114 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.46 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.46 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 148 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.66 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.81 responses
Walton High School Reviews
I am currently a sophomore here. Although the academics are extremely challenging, especially for taking all honors classes, I know I’m actually learning something in life. New school is cool, academics and athletics are great, and it is nice to know we go to one of the hardest schools/best schools in the state and even top in the country! (UsaWorldreport 2018 ranked us 160 out of 17000 high schools in the country)
Walton is a cut-throat competitive school. If you are not a stellar athlete or amazing in AP classes this school is difficult. On level curriculum is written at an advanced even AP level. Most courses your only option for on level is written at a college preparatory level. Overall the staff can be either incredible or horrid. Some teachers are encouraging and only want to see Students succeed in high school, increase in knowledge, and grow. Others can leave students in tears, some scrapping by doing the bare minimum relying on other teachers curriculum, and leave students struggling to pass difficult classes. Walton is a top tier school that has a reputation for high level classes, academic excellence, and incredible sports programs. College acceptances can be very stressful and competitive when only so many students can be taken from a particular school. Being a charter school they can change curriculum and implement many things other schools cannot making them an elite school zone.
I love the inclusiveness that the students radiate at Walton. In addition, the academics, music programs, art programs and extracurriculars strive for excellence. Walton is a school for winners!