Walton High School is a top rated, public, charter school located in Marietta, GA. It has 2,693 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 89% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Walton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+634 Students
- A+313 Students
- B293 Students
- B238 Students
- A+222 Students
- A178 Students
- A+157 Students
- B+154 Students
- B139 Students
- A131 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.48 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.48 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 155 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.68 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.83 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.83 responses
Walton High School Reviews
I am currently a sophomore here. Although the academics are extremely challenging, especially for taking all honors classes, I know I’m actually learning something in life. New school is cool, academics and athletics are great, and it is nice to know we go to one of the hardest schools/best schools in the state and even top in the country! (UsaWorldreport 2018 ranked us 160 out of 17000 high schools in the country)
Walton is a really great school! However, there always seems to be a pressure from the school to do your VERY best. Not that theres anything wrong with striving to succeed, but Walton really pushes it to an extent where it can become stressful and overwhelming.
The school itself is great. The physical environment is clean, welcoming, and, after renovations, large enough to accommodate the large number of students. However, my experience at Walton was not the absolute best. Of course, there were days I had fun with my friends, had fun with my teachers, completed fun assignments that actually taught me something, but there were more days when all I wanted to do was go home because it was so boring at school. Most teachers never made an effort to make our hour in their classroom engaging in any way. Many teachers were strict and were less than understanding of our lives outside of school; they would pile on homework, disregarding our six to seven other classes we had to worry about as well. This may just be an issue with all schools in general, but my school was famous in Cobb County for being ruthlessly competitive and extremely unforgiving.