Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Walton High School is an above average, public school located in Defuniak Springs, FL. It has 746 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 61% of students are at least proficient in math and 48% in reading.
Walton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+141 Students
- A139 Students
- C-128 Students
- A+98 Students
- A68 Students
- B63 Students
- B54 Students
- A54 Students
- A+48 Students
- B+36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Walton High School Reviews
I would have to say that my high school experience was for the most part amazing! I truly had teachers and staff who truly cared about you and went that extra mile to help you. I wish there was a few more clubs or sports offered but it was a amazing experience for me there. Everyone for the most part treated me with kindness and respect. They showed me what leadership was and compassion and understanding. I truly believe that we’re trying to do what was best and look out for the well being of the students and the school.
Walton High School is truly the best place to attend high school. From the atmosphere always being about Brave spirit to how the teachers really show extra support in every aspect, you always feel invited, welcome, and supported. The administration is always letting you know they are there for all you needs and have always answered all questions my parents have had with quick response and great attitude. I wouldn't have wanted to attend any other school.
I mean, the advanced placement and honors teachers are some of the best I've ever had. I learned so much in their classes and also enjoyed spending time in the classroom and learning the course. The regular education teachers, however, aren't exactly the best. Its like a hit and miss situation. I wish there were more electives. There isn't a wide range of them and the school itself focuses more on the STEM fields. I feel as if the students who want to pursue a performing or fine art career are almost forgotten about. The students that attend are also pretty ignorant. Being a school from the deep south, many of the students are racist and get upset when someone calls them out.