Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Walter Panas High School is a highly rated, public school located in Cortlandt Manor, NY. It has 916 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Walter Panas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-119 Students
- A+112 Students
- A-108 Students
- B83 Students
- A80 Students
- B+80 Students
- B-64 Students
- A+61 Students
- A+61 Students
- A60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 86 responses
- Pep Rally20%
- Football and Basketball Games19%
- Gym tournaments and competitions7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Walter Panas High School
- ALakeland High School
- Lakeland Central School District, NY
- PK, 9-12
- 173 reviews
- ACarmel High School
- Carmel Central School District, NY
- 289 reviews
- ANanuet Senior High School
- Nanuet Union Free School District, NY
- 104 reviews
- A-Valhalla High School
- Valhalla Union Free School District, NY
- 89 reviews
Walter Panas High School Reviews
Walter Panas is an amazing school! It offers a variety of honors, AP, and elective classes as well as clubs and sports. The community found at the school truly is a family and the teachers and student body are very nice. The food is ok, but the iced coffee is pretty good for a high school. Overall, it's a lovely school.
I loved my time at Panas. The teachers I’ve had are excellent (especially the science department!) and I feel like they care about me as a person. I chose to pack my schedule full of AP classes and it really has helped to prepare me for college-level thinking. Personally I’ve rarely seen any bullying or cliques and the tolerance between different types of people is great. I’ve made a wide range of incredible friends here. The theatre program is also amazing, with great opportunities for cast, crew, and pit. Overall I’ve had an amazing experience at Panas and I can’t wait to come back to visit.
Panas is a nice school. It definitely is not the cleanest out there, but for a high-school I would say it's pretty neat. They have a program called Oasis, which is geared towards special needs students. This isn't just a program for students who struggle with learning disabilities. Kids who suffer from depression, anxiety, OCD, etc can get help here. Therapists and clinicians are on campus to help out any student that needs help.