Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Walpole High School is a highly rated, public school located in Walpole, MA. It has 1,128 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Walpole High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A197 Students
- A+106 Students
- A+90 Students
- A+86 Students
- B76 Students
- B75 Students
- A-74 Students
- A63 Students
- B+54 Students
- C+53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 52 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Schools like Walpole High School
- A-Ashland High School
- Ashland Public Schools, MA
- 107 reviews
- AMansfield High School
- Mansfield Public Schools, MA
- 249 reviews
- A-King Philip Regional High School
- King Philip Regional School District, MA
- 158 reviews
- AFranklin High School
- Franklin Public Schools, MA
- 342 reviews
Walpole High School Reviews
The experience at Walpole High School varies from person to person. I have tried my best to involve myself in various clubs and activities. My favorite is the speech and debate team; I have met so many amazing people and teachers from it! That’s being said, I think that athletics could use some work. I felt very unwelcome in the high- stress and competitive environment. The academics are above average. I feel that most of my teachers are very good at their jobs and that they are willing to put in the extra effort. On the other hand, there are a handful that are rather rude. Overall, I have enjoyed my time at Walpole High School. It has given me the education and the skills to go off to college, but there are a few adjustments that I wish that the administration would make.
It's a predominantly white high school in a predominantly white town. There isn't much diversity and it's basically the average high school you see portrayed in tv shows and movies, without a lot of the tv/movie drama. There isn't anything super remarkable about it, which is sad to say, but it's true; school sports, especially football, is the main focus, the arts take a back seat, and the academic side of it is average. I will say there were some amazing teachers that I was lucky enough to have, but I also had some very terrible ones. Overall, it's high school and people make it out to be one of the best times of your life, which I find ridiculous since we're only 14-18 years old and we've barely lived our lives enough to recognize that it's one of the best times. Personally, it wasn't crazy significant to me- yes it set the stage for my college career, but on a personal level, it didn't shape me as much as my experiences moving across the globe have.
Walpole High School offers a very good level of education and opportunity at the public school level, often engaged with even the nicest after-school activities. However, at Walpole High, actions are often taken by administrators to calm agitated parents, despite the fact that these administrators know almost nothing about students and what they're actually stressed about. Furthermore, administration neglects to fix the issue of the name "rebels" and address the origin of that name.