Walnut Hills High School is a top rated, public school located in Cincinnati, OH. It has 2,840 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Walnut Hills High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A711 Students
- A+495 Students
- A-275 Students
- A-256 Students
- B+156 Students
- B99 Students
- B-99 Students
- A99 Students
- A+88 Students
- A+81 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.46 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.46 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 172 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.75 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.75 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.81 responses
Schools like Walnut Hills High School
- BClark Montessori High School
- Cincinnati City School District, OH
- 102 reviews
- A+William Mason High School
- Mason City School District, OH
- 732 reviews
- A+Sycamore High School
- Sycamore Community School District, OH
- 233 reviews
- A+Wyoming High School
- Wyoming City Schools, OH
- 117 reviews
Walnut Hills High School Reviews
I am a recent graduate from Walnut Hills High School. While I was there, the issues I had were astounding, from poor staff etiquette to the books that are older than my parents. Once I left, I was able to see how they had prepared me for life beyond. While I would love to see some staffing changes (some teachers have lost their ability to teach), the school itself is a breeding ground for excellence. Unfortunately that can go hand in hand with being overworked, overstressed, and lead to depression, which is what many of us faced. Long nights, tears, and emotional imbalances were not uncommon, but you can pull through because students are what make Walnut Hills the best. Go eagles!
The classes are very fast paced but informative but there are a lot of resources like the writing lab and teachers have help nights that will help any student if they are lost. The school also allows parent volunteers for those who want to be involved in the Walnut community. I know I will go on to use the knowledge I have gained in my college career. The school is also very diverse which helped me understand people from different backgrounds The food is decent and there is sushi available on Thursdays. There are also a variety of sporting events (football, basketball, golf,...etc) for students to attend and special events like the chalk drawing to promote saving the planet and excellent plays put on by the theater department. I recommend Walnut for anyone who wants an excellent education and a lot of social activities. Go Eagles!
Walnut Hills High School will prepare you extremely well for a higher education, however the school itself leaves much to be desired. For as much pressure they put on the teenagers that attend the school, there are very limited mental health resources, many of which are student run. I have had quite a few experiences in classes where teachers expect you to be able to teach yourself the material. The way class schedules are handled is atrocious, and if you have an issue for counselors, you have to make an appointment at least two to three weeks in advance due to the ridiculous caseload each counselor must maintain.