Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Walnut Hills High School is a top rated, public school located in Cincinnati, OH. It has 2,976 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Walnut Hills High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-843 Students
- A+607 Students
- A-327 Students
- A-303 Students
- B+193 Students
- B-128 Students
- A122 Students
- B112 Students
- A+106 Students
- A+97 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.57 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.57 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.66 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.86 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.92 responses
Schools like Walnut Hills High School
- BClark Montessori High School
- Cincinnati City School District, OH
- 106 reviews
- A+William Mason High School
- Mason City School District, OH
- 807 reviews
- A+Sycamore High School
- Sycamore Community School District, OH
- 254 reviews
- A+Wyoming High School
- Wyoming City Schools, OH
- 127 reviews
Walnut Hills High School Reviews
The experience you get at Walnut is unlike any other. Every activity imaginable is available at your fingertips - whether you're interested in varsity basketball, Science Olympiad, theater, etc. The long list of available courses gives students the opportunity to explore all of their different interests. The academic environment is rigorous in the best way possible. The numerous AP classes available and the school's connection to College Credit Plus allow students to become familiar with college classes and even earn college credit in high school! Just like any other school, Walnut is not perfect. The administration can be quite disorganized at times. Nonetheless, I am so thankful for all of my years at Walnut. I have learned so much and I have gained so many role models.
Walnut Hills High School is wonderful! No matter your personality type, there is always an abundance of clubs, activities, and classes you will be interested in. The academics are off the charts and provide the students with so many opportunities for classes. Classes from Russian to stage craft and to college engineering courses. Such an abundance of classes helps every student find their fit and get a good idea of what they plan to do in their future. Walnut Hills Is the perfect school to prepared you for college, the faculty even goes out i ohh their way to provide college preparatory lunches and other incredibly helpful student resources. This is the school that will prepare each student for college, their future, and life long friendships and success.
I love Walnut Hills so much! I am a 2019 graduate from the school and I attending the school from 7th-12th grade and I loved each year. I will admit it was a culture shock to me because it was so diverse but it prepares the student more than enough for college and the real world. I encourage students to take advantage of the resources at Walnut such as the library, teacher's help nights, the writing center, join clubs, start a club, and much more. One big thing I would say just as advice is to don't be afraid to ask for help, if you have a question ask it. One final piece of advice is to don't beat yourself if you have to go to summer school, it happens to all of us especially Latin, but you'll have fun at Walnut trust me.