Walnut High School is a top rated, public school located in Walnut, CA. It has 2,637 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Walnut High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+672 Students
- A563 Students
- A554 Students
- A+485 Students
- A+450 Students
- B+325 Students
- A+323 Students
- A311 Students
- B+305 Students
- B296 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.47 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.47 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 141 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.72 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.86 responses
Schools like Walnut High School
- A+Temple City High School
- Temple City Unified School District, CA
- 412 reviews
- A+Sunny Hills High School
- Fullerton Joint Union High School District, CA
- 507 reviews
- A+San Marino High School
- San Marino Unified School District, CA
- 253 reviews
- A+Mark Keppel High School
- Alhambra Unified School District, CA
- 618 reviews
Walnut High School Reviews
From my four years of attending Walnut, the academics, sports, and opportunities were amazing. I've gotten in contact with many outside organizations through the clubs I've joined, and the connections I've made with my teachers have been long-lasting throughout high school. The staff members care about their students, although they need to be more transparent at times with new rules and regulations. Their academic opportunities are stellar as some of the teachers I've had truly prepared me to be above and beyond and made me feel as if AP tests were easy in comparison to the class itself. In addition to that, the school staff has taken measures to increase school safety through implementing new systems for free periods and giving teachers scanners to check students in.
Tough academic standpoint, high expectations, and a positive atmosphere. The students are friendly and are willing to help you in any way; same with the teachers. The coaches are always focus on helping individuals become stronger, better in the sport, they know the students can improve no matter what level they are at. The staff, Principle, teachers and coaches always bring impact to the student's lives and improves their ability to become who they want to be. Walnut High School campus is filled with amazing clubs, passion, and spirit. Especially prep rallies, stress relief weeks where theres activities to do during lunch time, and spirit weeks when its time to dress for the theme or to support organizations or awarenesses. Walnut is filled with competition from academics, the performing arts, visual arts, clubs, and of course, sports.
I like Walnut High School because it has a very safe environment and the teachers are very friendly and helpful. I also am a part of the music program, so there are a lot of support for that from the district and from the parents. I am honored to be part of the WHS Marching Band because the staff put in a lot of commitment to helping the students do well!