Walnut High School is a top rated, public school located in Walnut, CA. It has 2,527 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Walnut High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+677 Students
- A566 Students
- A557 Students
- A+486 Students
- A+452 Students
- B+327 Students
- A+324 Students
- A312 Students
- B+306 Students
- B298 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.47 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.47 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 141 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.72 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.86 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.86 responses
Schools like Walnut High School
- A+Temple City High School
- Temple City Unified School District, CA
- 414 reviews
- A+Sunny Hills High School
- Fullerton Joint Union High School District, CA
- 515 reviews
- A+San Marino High School
- San Marino Unified School District, CA
- 254 reviews
- A+Mark Keppel High School
- Alhambra Unified School District, CA
- 620 reviews
Walnut High School Reviews
From my four years of attending Walnut, the academics, sports, and opportunities were amazing. I've gotten in contact with many outside organizations through the clubs I've joined, and the connections I've made with my teachers have been long-lasting throughout high school. The staff members care about their students, although they need to be more transparent at times with new rules and regulations. Their academic opportunities are stellar as some of the teachers I've had truly prepared me to be above and beyond and made me feel as if AP tests were easy in comparison to the class itself. In addition to that, the school staff has taken measures to increase school safety through implementing new systems for free periods and giving teachers scanners to check students in.
Tough academic standpoint, high expectations, and a positive atmosphere. The students are friendly and are willing to help you in any way; same with the teachers. The coaches are always focus on helping individuals become stronger, better in the sport, they know the students can improve no matter what level they are at. The staff, Principle, teachers and coaches always bring impact to the student's lives and improves their ability to become who they want to be. Walnut High School campus is filled with amazing clubs, passion, and spirit. Especially prep rallies, stress relief weeks where theres activities to do during lunch time, and spirit weeks when its time to dress for the theme or to support organizations or awarenesses. Walnut is filled with competition from academics, the performing arts, visual arts, clubs, and of course, sports.
Walnut High School is known for its diversity among students and its academics. Students learn to work together and get along in and out of classrooms. A majority of the teachers not only care about their students' academics but also their well-beings. The school hold spirit weeks every month to get students involved with school spirit as well. However, the academic program within the school can be very competitive among its students as almost everyone tries to compete with one another about "who has the better grade".