Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Walnut High School is a top rated, public school located in Walnut, CA. It has 2,375 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 81% in reading.
Walnut High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+776 Students
- grade A668 Students
- grade A623 Students
- grade A+549 Students
- grade A+529 Students
- grade B+377 Students
- grade A+372 Students
- grade A357 Students
- grade A minus352 Students
- grade B+335 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade D+
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 57 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 57 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 185 responses
- Pep Rallies22%
- Multi-cultural Fair21%
- Annual rival football game11%
- Marching Band Performances7%
- Pep rallies5%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 67 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 67 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 67 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 82 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 82 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 82 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,132 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 96 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 96 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 96 responses
Schools like Walnut High School
- grade A+Temple City High School
- Temple City Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.77 out of 5 443 reviews
- grade A+Sunny Hills High School
- Fullerton Joint Union High School District, CA
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 570 reviews
- grade A+San Marino High School
- San Marino Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.94 out of 5 268 reviews
- grade AMark Keppel High School
- Alhambra Unified School District, CA
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 664 reviews
Walnut High School Reviews
Rating 3.8 out of 5 607 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Walnut High School generally has a friendly student and teacher relationships with a passionate principal who actively engages in the school's activities. Academic opportunities are diverse in the programs offered such as honors, APs, PLTW, and IB. I had a good image of Walnut High School and have developed good relations with some of the teachers. I think participating in clubs and athletics was fun and helped me make friends. The food is definitely better than middle school and isn't that bad as they are often trying out new meals. They even have bbq chicken wings and burrito wraps!
Walnut High School has helped me open up to others and try out new things! I never expected myself (who is shy and quiet) to try many different clubs, sports, and performing arts. I’ve had many wonderful memories of this school. From the people I became friends with, the long hours of swimming practice with our swim team, and to the amazing school’s pep rallies our school’s host, all of these things is what shaped me to the person I am today.
As one of the highest rating high school in California, the academics in WHS is almost impeccable. There are much variety of classes to choose from, including most AP/IB classes, and some college classes that the school worked with MtSAC. ALMOST all teachers are well-prepared with their lessons and are responsible with their work. But there are a couple who have a quite notorious reputation. There are many clubs in school, yet a lot is not functioned well on a regular basis, except for the bigger ones such as key and interact. The students are mostly Asian and Hispanic, race-wise, not very diverse, but most are very inclusive with others. Excellent swim and track team, others are ok, but football...we suck. There are multiple parent groups that parents can join and they speak directly to the district. Also, EVERYONE who tried to work hard in this school will be so ready for college. Food, just regular public school food. Facilities are a bit old, the school is 50+ yrs old.