Wallenpaupack Area High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hawley, PA. It has 1,050 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 79% of students are at least proficient in math and 81% in reading.
Wallenpaupack Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+106 Students
- A-90 Students
- B66 Students
- A-63 Students
- B-51 Students
- A+51 Students
- A50 Students
- C46 Students
- A-45 Students
- C+37 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 48 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Wallenpaupack Area High School Reviews
The administrative staff at the high school is what costs them a star. They are generally harsh and unforgiving to the students, and occasionally look to get them expelled or suspended. However, the general teaching staff is absolutely amazing. They go above and beyond for their students often forming lasting relationships for the rest of their educational and professional careers. These teachers genuinely care about their students.
Wallenpaupack provides many opportunities for students to be involved in multiple different clubs and activities which creates a diverse group of students within the building. Personally, I've been involved in all different aspects provided by Wallenpaupack: the arts, sports, clubs; I have yet to have a bad experience from one of these groups and continuously learn something new each time I am at one of these events.
The Wallenpaupack Area High School is a very good school that offers a great education and has great staff. However, when it comes to issues with students, the school does not handle situations very well. The Wallenpaupack Area School District does not like negative attention and in the past, administration has turned a blind eye to certain situations to avoid a lawsuit and things like that. Also, favoritism is a little bit of a problem. If you are a well known student and if you are friendly with the administration, it can be very hard to actually get anything more than a warning when you get in trouble. Honestly, no school is perfect and Wallenpaupack has it's great moments, but of course there is always room for improvement.