grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Walhalla High School is a highly rated, public school located in Walhalla, SC. It has 1,136 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 83% in reading.
Walhalla High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A285 Students
- grade A176 Students
- grade C minus154 Students
- grade B+147 Students
- grade B144 Students
- grade B96 Students
- grade B87 Students
- grade B65 Students
- grade A65 Students
- grade B57 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 60 responses
- All Sporting Events20%
- Basketball games20%
- Football games15%
- The Haunted House8%
- I dont go to any of them7%
- Pep rallies7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 28 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,706 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 37 responses
Schools like Walhalla High School
Walhalla High School Reviews
Rating 3.97 out of 5 207 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
During my time at Walhalla High School, I really enjoyed myself. I had many opportunities to get involved, and did so by participating in varsity cheerleading, Beta Club, National Honor Society, Anchor Club, and Mu Alpha Theta. With so many opportunities, I had the chance to meet and become friends with many other students and get involved in community service projects. I couldn't imagine myself anywhere else, so there isn't really anything negative that I could say. As always, Go Razobacks!
I transferred in as a senior and I can definitely say it was the best public school experience I have ever had. One of my favorite things about it was that the principal and all staff were very involved with the students that it felt like I had a second home and I didn't dread coming to school because I was eager to learn with such a wonderful environment it provided me. My mother is a teacher at this school and she also feels that this is the best place she has ever taught at because everyone understands what to do and is very prepared to work in all situations with students, parents, etc. I have donated money to this school because I support everything that they do. Thanks to Walhalla High I was able to graduate a high honors student and get into the college of my choice. I will forever be grateful to this school. Go Hogs!
Comparatively speaking, Walhalla is one of the best schools around. Here, the teachers you have truly make or break your experience. Some truly acted as though teaching was their life's calling, and others seemed to just be waiting out the days till they could retire. The administration was a bit of a mess. They would often be confusing or entirely unhelpful. A number of major issues brought up to them went swept under the rug. Most of the time, they seemed to value how much money they received, and how well their test scores were.