Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Waldwick High School is an above average, public school located in Waldwick, NJ. It has 441 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Waldwick High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B64 Students
- A64 Students
- B61 Students
- A-53 Students
- B+48 Students
- A+31 Students
- B28 Students
- A+28 Students
- B+28 Students
- B28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responses
- Sports events50%
- Halloween costume contest, spirit week, band17%
- Holiday hallway decorating contest17%
- Pep rallies8%
- Spirit Week8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Waldwick High School
- BCedar Grove High School
- Cedar Grove Township School District, NJ
- 138 reviews
- AEmerson Junior/Senior High School
- Emerson Public School District, NJ
- 72 reviews
- AWayne Valley High School
- Wayne Township Public School District, NJ
- 200 reviews
- A-James Caldwell High School
- Caldwell-West Caldwell School District, NJ
- 118 reviews
Waldwick High School Reviews
I love the Waldwick community. The high school is very small yet very supportive. Attending a small school is not only beneficial inside the classroom, but it offers more resources and opportunities outside school as well. Having small classes creates personal and professional relationships between students and teachers. Being a senior at Waldwick high school makes me especially appreciative of the supportive environment, not just of the school itself but of the town as well. Waldwick citizens come together to support and send off the current seniors with activities such as fundraising and a graduation ball, and then welcome the rising seniors. I am so thankful to have been educated in an environment such as Waldwick High School.
Throughout my four years, I found that the Waldwick school community values a sense of family among its administration leaders, teachers, staff, students, and parents. However, there is a sense of comfort that blankets over the school and limits our push to explore new things. Academically, we perform rather poorly compared to other schools in the county. Athletically, our boys’ soccer team is phenomenal. Artistically, our only music teacher is retiring this year.
I have had a rather excellent experience at Waldwick High School. In such a small community the teachers and staff create an environment that makes everyone feel welcome. There are sports and clubs that allow for everyone to be included. One thing that I would change is the variety of courses that Waldwick High School offers. During juniors and senior year, students should be able to take elective courses that are more focused on their future career or interests.