Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Waldron High School is a public school located in Waldron, AR. It has 419 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Waldron High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+172 Students
- B152 Students
- A-118 Students
- B79 Students
- C67 Students
- B-39 Students
- B27 Students
- C+24 Students
- B-23 Students
- B+17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responses
- Pep rallies8%
- Spirit Week8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Waldron High School Reviews
The teachers and administration truly care about the children. Diane Mead is by far the best teacher there. She makes the math department look amazing. The other teachers care, but fall short compared to her. The school lunches are fair, but slim. The buildings and facilities are very nice, and modern. The floors are very dirty and need to be swept at least once a week. They give us Google Chromebooks that are very helpful. It has prepared me for college and allowed me to start taking college classes early. They do not let us fail, and give us many opportunities to do the right thing.
I absolutely love going here. The teachers and staff are amazing at what they do and I have received such a wonderful education so far. I sure will miss this place when I graduate!
I really liked the way Waldron High School cared about their students and worked hard to make sure we succeed! Not many schools gave us the freedom and the encouragement Waldron gave us. I would like to see one thing change, however. I would like to see some of the classes and programs within the school expand and give kids the opportunity to have fun and educational classes.