Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Wakefield Memorial High School is an above average, public school located in Wakefield, MA. It has 992 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 86% of students are at least proficient in math and 94% in reading.
Wakefield Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A169 Students
- A+110 Students
- A+103 Students
- B+103 Students
- A+95 Students
- B-94 Students
- B+82 Students
- B+66 Students
- C+62 Students
- B56 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Wakefield Memorial High School
- BGeorgetown High School
- Georgetown Public Schools, MA
- 65 reviews
- A-Danvers High School
- Danvers Public Schools, MA
- 82 reviews
- A-Ipswich High School
- Ipswich Public Schools, MA
- 54 reviews
- A-North Reading High School
- North Reading Public Schools, MA
- 135 reviews
Wakefield Memorial High School Reviews
Wakefield Memorial Highschool is a fairly great school when it comes to academics, sports, and clubs. The administration and staff put a lot of effort into keeping students included and involved. Parents are also encouraged to be involved with student academics, and clubs. Wakefield Memorial High School has a strong culture for sports and the support is unmatched of our "red sea'' of students at every game or match. In spite of the efforts made to keep students included, the students of color and metco were fairly neglected. Once opinions and problems were voiced, the school staff and parents made efforts to include the students and since provisions have been successful. This school has many successful kids in the making, with resources that aid and positive role models that guide the students of wakefield memorial highschool.
Wakefield Memorial High School created a wonderful experience for me during my 4 years that I attended! Not only was the education amazing, but each and every faculty member spent countless hours and efforts to provide me with the best experience possible and I would recommend this school to everybody!
I have had a great four years, The best and most memorable part are the caring teachers and staff. Unfortunately the Corona virus cut our Senior year short! Overall it was a great experience.