Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Wakefield High School is a highly rated, public school located in Wakefield, KS. It has 77 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 85% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Wakefield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A31 Students
- B+18 Students
- A-18 Students
- B-13 Students
- B13 Students
- B-12 Students
- B9 Students
- B8 Students
- B6 Students
- C+5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responses
- Being apart of the spirit club25%
- The christmas dinner25%
- The school bonfire before homecoming17%
- Being in Student Council8%
- Being the President of the National Honor Society8%
- Football Games8%
- Managing the football team8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Wakefield High School
- BClay Center Community High School
- Clay Center Unified School District, KS
- 102 reviews
- BRiley County High School
- Riley County Unified School District, KS
- 66 reviews
- BJunction City Senior High School
- Geary County Schools, KS
- 292 reviews
- A-Chapman High School
- Chapman Unified School District, KS
- 43 reviews
Wakefield High School Reviews
While I did not enjoy all of my time at Wakefield, it taught me to become a more understanding person and to really appreciate the people in my life. I'm a military brat and moved to this school in the 8th grade, my parents did the math and it turned out Wakefield was the 12th school I had attended since the 1st grade. Moving around quite a bit was hard on me and I never realized why that was until I moved here, because I never tried to make friends at my other schools, because I knew I'd just move a way in a year so what would be the point? That's one thing I would never trade or give back and made my expirience worth wild, actually having friends who are always there for you!
I love Wakefield because we have changed the scheduling at the school but I wish more courses were offered and that there were more opportunities but I understand it’s a small school.
The teachers make sure to go over the topic through enough that students have the unerstandment that some schools fail to get to with students. There system of getting people in trouble could be changed to made taken a bit more literal instead of them saying no and going on.