Wake Young Men's Leadership Academy is a highly rated, public school located in Raleigh, NC. It has 243 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Wake Young Men's Leadership Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+22 Students
- A+20 Students
- B+15 Students
- B-11 Students
- B-9 Students
- B+9 Students
- A+8 Students
- A-7 Students
- B7 Students
- B+7 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Wake Young Men's Leadership Academy Reviews
My experience at the WYMLA was helpful to an individual to gain college readiness, leadership, and success. The purpose of this school was to prepare one to go into a college and to become comfortable with the environment and the workload. As a student, I have experienced both the workload and success in the classroom. Before I came to WYMLA my grades were not reaching my fullest potential, but due to the help of the faculty and college professors, they have taught me how to balance my work so I could handle multiple tasks to avoid stress. I have also learned the aspect of leadership. Leadership is a motto they teach at WYMLA because they want students to become both leaders to our peers, but also to our communities. This is accomplished by different clubs that are offered at the school: Key Club, National Honor Society and Cards For Hunter. Overall this school has taught many things, but the one aspect I will never forget about this school is leadership!
Wake Young Men's Leadership Academy is a school centered on providing students with college level experience, hence gaining early college credit. The school will help you transfer those credits to most universities, giving you a heads start from other freshmen within your selected institution. I would recommend going there is you don't mind the lack of space since the school borrows rooms from the Saint Augustine's University near by to teach their classes. The teachers and staff are very dedicated to helping you as much as they can.
My experience at the Wake Young Men's Leadership Academy was very positive. I learned numerous things from attending this school from 6th grade to 8th grade. The main focus of the academy was to teach young men leadership skills throughout middle school and high school. I learned many great leadership qualities from this school which will be carried on with me throughout my career. I also learned proper etiquette here and this school has helped me overcome and enhance many leadership challenges I faced. The teachers at this school are excellent as well. The only drawback is that the discipline of other misbehaving students was not good enough so there was plenty of horsing around going on.