Wahpeton High School is an above average, public school located in Wahpeton, ND. It has 333 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Wahpeton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+69 Students
- B62 Students
- B+60 Students
- B-29 Students
- A+23 Students
- B18 Students
- B13 Students
- B-11 Students
- B+10 Students
- B10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Wahpeton High School Reviews
I enjoy my high school. It supports many activities and cares about the success as a student. We even got personal laptops for the year. Decent lunches, friendly teachers, and a hard-working staff.
Overall my experience is average to below average. Our school has been on a probationary period due to students state test scores being so low. This is still an ongoing struggle for the school. I feel that many of the teachers want every student to fit into the "cookie cutter" way that they want to teach. While I understand that they have many students and little time, not every student fits into that mold that they want to teach in and when you are one that doesn't you struggle and you fall through the cracks.
Wahpeton High School has wonderful teachers who have great one on one relationships. Their goal is to learn today and lead tomorrow, which has been very well shown over the past four years that I have attended there. I do wish teacher would have been better about putting in grades faster of on a better schedule also that teachers would make sure that students are given clear instruction as to how to do there assignments.