Wahama High School is a public school located in Mason, WV. It has 353 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Wahama High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B74 Students
- A-47 Students
- A-32 Students
- A+23 Students
- B-19 Students
- C+17 Students
- B-12 Students
- B-12 Students
- B-11 Students
- C10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Wahama High School
- C+Point Pleasant High School
- Mason County Schools, WV
- 117 reviews
- C+Ravenswood High School
- Jackson County Schools, WV
- 78 reviews
- CMeigs High School
- Meigs Local School District, OH
- 41 reviews
- C+Eastern High School
- Eastern Local School District (Reedsville), OH
- 25 reviews
Wahama High School Reviews
The teaching staff is very passionate about their students! They prepared me well for college, especially the math and science departments.
I liked that it was a small school and everyone knew everyone there. Teachers really made sure you were prepared for college. They would frequently go over act test questions with you to make sure you didn’t your absolute best on the test. My senior year was my most challenging year work load wise. I really had to work, but it paid off in the end and I graduated 8th in my class. This work ethic got me ready for my first year of college tho year. I can’t thank all my teachers enough for pushing me to do my best on everything.
Wonderful education! They really prepare you for college and want to see their students succeed. Faculty and staff have genuine passion for teaching and preparing students for college and careers.