Wagoner High School is a public school located in Wagoner, OK. It has 651 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 22% in reading.
Wagoner High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-139 Students
- A125 Students
- B92 Students
- A83 Students
- B-44 Students
- C36 Students
- A-30 Students
- B28 Students
- C+23 Students
- C21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Wagoner High School Reviews
I loved my time at Wagoner! You get out the effort you put in. Some say that this school does not prepare you for college but i feel like I was prepared well because I took advantage of the AP and Honors classes this high school had to offer. When I attended this school, it felt like my second home. The teachers and staff really care about each student. However, there do need to be some improvements. For example, the sports facilities, restrooms, and lockers are the main area that needs improvement. It could also be a little cleaner with better food options for breakfast and lunch.
Wagoner High School has it's ups and downs. It's a fairly average high school but has dedicated and wonderful teachers. But new ideas rarely see the light of day there unless you're a 'favorite' of the administration. They count absences against you even if you have a doctor's note. This causes students to come to school sick or injured. The only guaranteed absences are those are for school functions or (if you really fight for it) events like funerals of family members. This affects the performance of their students who refuse to stay home even if it is recommended by a doctor. Administration cares more about testing and ranking than the actual education of their students and forces faculty to 'teach to the test.'
I like Wagoner High School because, it has allow me to grow and experience many things that will be memorable years from now. I have learned so much attending wagoner high school. However, things I wouldn't mind seeing change would be the food, some of the way teachers teach, and the fairness of sports.