Wadsworth High School is a highly rated, public school located in Wadsworth, OH. It has 1,657 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 70% of students are at least proficient in math and 78% in reading.
Wadsworth High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-241 Students
- B206 Students
- A+192 Students
- A-122 Students
- A-84 Students
- A82 Students
- B65 Students
- B62 Students
- B62 Students
- C+47 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 41 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Wadsworth High School
- A-Green High School
- Green Local School District (Uniontown), OH
- 339 reviews
- B+Tallmadge High School
- Tallmadge City School District, OH
- 114 reviews
- B+Manchester High School
- Manchester Local School District (Akron), OH
- 65 reviews
- B+Medina High School
- Medina City School District, OH
- 364 reviews
Wadsworth High School Reviews
My time at Wadsworth High School was probably my favorite time in school, aside from my favorite classes in college. Every single member of the staff, especially the teachers and my principal Mr. Moore, were all incredibly nice and helpful. I have Asperger's syndrome, and it was always hard for me to keep my attention. All my teachers knew this, and they made it certain that my stuff was easy to follow. They also gave me the freedom to ask for help when I needed it, which I needed a lot. However, they also showed me how to fend for myself, allowing me to feel extremely independent. They also put up with my silly nonsensical attempts at humor, and it made some of them even laugh. I'm still so happy that happened! I'm so glad I got to go there, and they will be truly missed.
Overall, I believe any student would be more than satisfied with Wadsworth Highschool. I have gotten a great education and the athletic programs are phenomenal as well. A student would also have plenty of extra curricular activities to chose from as well. With this being said, I would have appreciated more help from our school and counselors in preparing for college.
I love all of the teachers at Wadsworth High School, as many seem to truly love what they do! Help is always available, even in the most rigorous of AP classes. The student body is united and has a strong school spirit, especially when it comes to sports.