Wachusett Regional High School is a highly rated, public school located in Holden, MA. It has 2,130 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Wachusett Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A350 Students
- A+170 Students
- B-166 Students
- A-152 Students
- A+151 Students
- B137 Students
- A+127 Students
- A-112 Students
- A+111 Students
- A99 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 106 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
Schools like Wachusett Regional High School
- ANashoba Regional High School
- Nashoba Public Schools, MA
- 155 reviews
- B+Sutton High School
- Sutton Public Schools, MA
- 38 reviews
- B+Grafton High School
- Grafton Public Schools, MA
- 80 reviews
- B+Auburn Senior High School
- Auburn Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 78 reviews
Wachusett Regional High School Reviews
I graduated in 2014, and loved my time at Wachusett. It was big enough that everyone could find their niche and make friends. A significant number of students take AP classes, and the rigorous academics do a great job preparing students for college. The building is nice (was renovated in the 2000's), and has lots of outdoor space, fields, track, and trails. Wachusett has a huge variety of clubs/activities, a strong athletics program, and a wonderful music department. The school has about 10 different music groups between band, choir, and orchestra, including honors groups and jazz groups. Being in the choir taught me a lot about reading music and improved my vocal skills. The school also has a strong drama club that always put on wonderful shows. These programs gave the school a warm community feel despite being so big. The only downside: I have heard the classes have gotten too big recently, and some students can slip through the cracks depending on what teachers they have.
I feel very fortunate to have had the privilege of attending Wachusett Regional High School. I feel confident that the committed teachers and variety of classes have prepared me well for college. With friendly police officers and teachers, I have never felt unsafe at Wachusett. Wachusett is right across the street from the town Police and Fire Departments in case of emergency. The Wachusett Region has little diversity, but the High School has a place for everyone anyway. Teachers and administrators encourage every student to pursue their interests whatever they may be. Every sport team works hard and the coaches are tough but fair. The arts programs at Wachusett are stellar and my teachers inspire me daily. Parents are not always made aware when events are happening, which puts more responsibility on the student. Wachusett not only prepared me well for college, but for life, and helped me grow into the person I am today.
The school has a fairly diverse student body and is large enough so that students can find their own group of people that they fit in with. The rules within the school can be a bit too rigid, and did not give the students enough say or wiggle room. Overall my teachers were good. The English department was amazing, whereas the science department really needs some work. The level of rigor really depends on the level class you are in; there was a clear difference in the engagement of the students between a CP and an Honors/AP class, as would be expected. Great variety of extracurriculars!