W. Tresper Clarke High School
- Westbury, NY
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
W. Tresper Clarke High School is a highly rated, public school located in Westbury, NY. It has 763 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
W. Tresper Clarke High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus129 Students
- grade A+90 Students
- grade A minus89 Students
- grade B82 Students
- grade B75 Students
- grade B+66 Students
- grade B63 Students
- grade A+59 Students
- grade A minus54 Students
- grade A+51 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 33 responses
- Battle of the Classes18%
- Senior dinner18%
- Spirit week18%
- Marching in the Columbus Day Parade6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 19 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$26,552 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 23 responses
Schools like W. Tresper Clarke High School
- grade AEast Meadow High School
- East Meadow Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.82 out of 5 261 reviews
- grade A minusWest Babylon Senior High School
- West Babylon Union Free School District, NY
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 300 reviews
- grade B+Valley Stream North High School
- Valley Stream Central High School District, NY
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 143 reviews
- grade A minusH. Frank Carey High School
- Sewanhaka Central High School District, NY
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 182 reviews
W. Tresper Clarke High School Reviews
Rating 3.69 out of 5 124 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
At W. Tresper Clarke High School I had a wonderful high school experience, even during the Corona Virus. All of the teachers are great and try their best to help every student learn. As a part of student government, I was able to plan important events that W. Tresper Clarke High School made possible! The school is really doing everything they can to give the seniors a graduation and prom despite covid-19.
W Tresper Clarke High School has a fairly great amount of diversity when compared to many other public schools. It has the resources necessary to provide all students with a good education with a lot of teachers who know how to really capture students into the subject they are teaching. Clarke has various clubs and sports for students to join including cultural clubs and the gay-straight alliance which adds to the diversity and culture factor of the school. If there's one thing Clarke absolutely excelled at, it would be the music and arts department. The music department is so advanced and there are so many kids that find what they want to do in life after having participated in the music and arts program at clarke. My biggest complaints regarding Clarke High School would be their food and college readiness. I have experienced this directly as I am a senior this year. I feel that Clarke should spend more time helping students find a field that they have passion for.
I really loved the teachers and staff from Clarke High School. The teachers here at Clarke care a lot about the students' futures and successes. The fact that most of the teachers actually care about our futures just motivates me even more to push myself past my limits both physically and mentally, and pursue my academic and career goals. However, most of the students here at Clarke have a very bad character. Some are disrespectful, and more than 75 percent of the students drink/vape/smoke, but that's just from my personal experiences. Disregarding the majority of the students, Clarke High School is a great school that will really push you to be successful in the future.