W. Tresper Clarke High School is a highly rated, public school located in Westbury, NY. It has 757 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
W. Tresper Clarke High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-108 Students
- A+78 Students
- B73 Students
- A-71 Students
- B+65 Students
- B+57 Students
- A+57 Students
- B52 Students
- A+45 Students
- A-45 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Schools like W. Tresper Clarke High School
- AEast Meadow High School
- East Meadow Union Free School District, NY
- 253 reviews
- A-West Babylon Senior High School
- West Babylon Union Free School District, NY
- 292 reviews
- A-Valley Stream North High School
- Valley Stream Central High School District, NY
- 133 reviews
- A-H. Frank Carey High School
- Sewanhaka Central High School District, NY
- 174 reviews
W. Tresper Clarke High School Reviews
At W. Tresper Clarke High School I had a wonderful high school experience, even during the Corona Virus. All of the teachers are great and try their best to help every student learn. As a part of student government, I was able to plan important events that W. Tresper Clarke High School made possible! The school is really doing everything they can to give the seniors a graduation and prom despite covid-19.
I really loved the teachers and staff from Clarke High School. The teachers here at Clarke care a lot about the students' futures and successes. The fact that most of the teachers actually care about our futures just motivates me even more to push myself past my limits both physically and mentally, and pursue my academic and career goals. However, most of the students here at Clarke have a very bad character. Some are disrespectful, and more than 75 percent of the students drink/vape/smoke, but that's just from my personal experiences. Disregarding the majority of the students, Clarke High School is a great school that will really push you to be successful in the future.
I have gone to Clarke for 7 years and it is overwhelmingly mediocre in many ways. There are some great teachers but they are outweighed by many poor ones who do not put enough care into their students. The resources and connections in this school are almost nonexistent if you are looking for anything other than the bare minimum. However, the student body is very enthusiastic about school events and activities, the music department has grown significantly, and many sports teams are equipped with supportive coaches and new equipment. It can be said that Clarke is what you make of it, but it definitely puts you at an inherent academic and professional disadvantage compared to other LI schools.