Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade A minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Voorhees High School is a highly rated, public school located in Glen Gardner, NJ. It has 982 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 56% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Voorhees High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A137 Students
- grade B minus92 Students
- grade A minus87 Students
- grade A84 Students
- grade A+79 Students
- grade A+74 Students
- grade B58 Students
- grade B+57 Students
- grade A+51 Students
- grade A+48 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 91 responses
- Milk can football game23%
- Spirit fest!20%
- Senior weddings13%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 22 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$23,868 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 32 responses
Schools like Voorhees High School
- grade ANorth Hunterdon High School
- North Hunterdon-Voorhees Regional High School District, NJ
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 285 reviews
- grade A minusRoxbury High School
- Roxbury Township School District, NJ
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 251 reviews
- grade A+West Morris Central High School
- West Morris Regional High School District, NJ
- Rating 3.92 out of 5 278 reviews
- grade A+Bridgewater-Raritan High School
- Bridgewater-Raritan Regional School District, NJ
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 458 reviews
Voorhees High School Reviews
Rating 3.84 out of 5 201 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
With the new conditions our school was put under due to COVID-19, Voorhees High School reacted extremely well. Students were given countless support by the VHS staff, whether that be meeting with the school’s technician, having guidance counselors on call, or receiving bagged lunches from our lunch ladies. The daily Viking Voice videos from our school principal, Ron Peterson, also helped to keep the students connected. We also followed our normal schedule, which helped me stay organized. One thing I would change about Voorhees High School is the expectations; teachers at VHS really pushed students to do their best, which I really appreciated. However, when transitioning to online schooling, the expectations were too high. I personally felt that in some classes I received too much class work- definitely more than I would have received in a school day. Other than that, I really appreciate everything Voorhees has done for me and my class mates during these uncertain times.
Overall, Voorhees High School offers a comprehensive academic experience that students can tailor to their liking. If students are looking for a challenge, they will find it. This school offers a variety of AP classes, but I would have liked to see even more. The food selection is excellent. On average, the teachers at Voorhees are supportive and kind. They offer character and opportunity that I don’t think could be found at every other school. Of course, this is subjective, but I think every student will have at least one teacher they will connect with on a meaningful basis should they attend Voorhees high school.
Voorhees was one of the cleanest schools I have every seen! The janitors work so hard to keep the school looking beautiful. And the students and teachers appreciate this so much. Speaking of the teachers, many of them are very kind and really care about you learning and growing. One thing that I would like to see improved is the security. There were police officers in the school, which can be comforting to some students. For me, it made me feel very insecure like they were there to get us in trouble for everything.